Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Haiku reviews...

 

Out of the Woods by Madison Wright


She never leaves home.
He never stays in one place. 
How can they fall in love?


Romance .... 362 pages .... 4/5 stars.
(Cute and clean.)






A Murder Most Camp by Nicolas Didomizio


Mikey, 29, must spend
the summer working at camp
with his 12-year-old aunt.

Mystery .... 350 pages .... 4/5 stars.
(Humorous mystery set at summer camp where Mikey and his aunt, Annabelle, try to solve a decade old cold case.)






Dolly All the Time by Annabel Monaghan


Dolly wants the best
for her son, brother, and dad.
But what does she want for herself?


Romance .... 360 pages .... 4.5/5 stars.
(Similar vibe to Nora Goes Off Script which I also loved.)



Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - lots of readers are enjoying Dolly All The Time. The hold list at our local libraries is long, long, long. I haven't read any books by Annabel Monaghan but I will keep them in mind when I'm in mood. I understand that Julia Whelan narrates this one and she is very talented. Oh, and Mikey (29) has a 12-year-old aunt? That mystery sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Dolly All the Time and definitely need to pick up Nora Goes Off Script. That was actually the Monaghan book I was going to read but then Dolly came out and I got distracted. The other two look good too - especially A Murder Most Camp. I never can resist a cold case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reviewing Dolly All the Time, which I loved! I listened to the audio, narrated by Julia Whelan, which is outstanding. I'll look for Nora Goes Off Script next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your haiku reviews, Lark! All of these books sound wonderful! I've been very curious about A Murder Most Camp, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three interesting books, made more interesting by your haiku reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all sound good! I'm especially interested in Dolly All the Time😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great. I always think this is so unique and fun.

    ReplyDelete