Pages

Friday, September 18, 2026

Stay For a Spell by Amy Coombe

     An old woman handed me a key, told me she hoped it would unlock my heart's desire, and now I'm trapped inside a bookshop. 
    I think about it for a moment. My head's clearing up and I'm steadier on my feet than I was a moment ago. I'm stuck inside a bookshop. A thousand miles from my parents. Unable to carry on with my royal duties. I'm stuck. Inside. A bookshop.
    For as long as it takes someone to break the curse, or for me to fulfill it and unlock my heart's desire. 
    I lean my head against the door and start to laugh.



What's the one surefire way to break a curse, any curse, according to every story, every legend, every fable recorded? True love's kiss. And what does true love look like, if you're a princess? .... It looks like a prince....my parents? They're going to try to find a prince. 

My thoughts: A princess. A curse. A pirate. Seven princes; seven kisses. And one magical bookshop. What an enchanting novel! I loved Princess Tanadelle (Tandy to her friends), and her funny predicament. All the princes who come to rescue her with their unromantic kisses totally made me laugh. I also really liked Bash, the teasing and sarcastic pirate, who has a curse of his own, and all the magical creatures and characters who help Tandy with the bookshop. This cozy fantasy has humor, heart and a sweet and swoony romance. I read it in a day and loved every page.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. This is on my list to read at some point, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the premise. What book loving soul wouldn't want to be locked in a bookstore?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one too! I loved Bash and all the princes and just everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover! That's enough to sell me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Five stars. I'm definitely adding this to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete