Pages

Friday, August 7, 2026

Hudson Bay Bound by Natalie Warren

 "Sometimes a great adventure lands in your lap."


"...everything that happens, good or bad, is a story. And life is just a string of stories that we collect, over time, and we might as well make them good ones." 

This is a true adventure memoir about two women who are best friends and the two thousand mile canoe trip they take from Minneapolis to Hudson Bay the summer of 2011. What a journey! 

I love these kinds of stories: the challenges and life-changing moments they experience, the humorous camping incidents, and the descriptions that immersed me in parts of the country, the rivers and surrounding wilderness I will never get to see in real life. Plus, there's a very cute dog in it that they adopt at Norway house in Canada, along with some moose and polar bear sightings. It's an interesting and fun read. 

My rating:  ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Happy Reading!

Similar reads:

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite kind of memoir! This definitely looks like one I'd enjoy and I hadn't heard of it previously. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That combination of physical and mental challenge makes these kinds of adventure memoirs hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2000 miles! Wow! I've done some canoeing up there, but not like that.

    ReplyDelete