Deputy Mattie Walker and her K-9 partner, Robo, have their hands full when a simple welfare check leads to murder, and a routine traffic stop reveals drugs and a possible link to a human trafficking ring.
Once again Margaret Mizushima has crafted a tightly plotted and dynamic mystery. This is the 11th book in her Timber Creek K-9 series, and it's every bit as good as all her previous books. This is one of my favorite series. The mysteries are always interesting and the characters entertaining. I really like Mattie and her veterinarian husband, Cole, and how well they deal with their demanding jobs, his two daughters, and their ever-deepening relationship. And I love Robo! He's such a cute and engaging character. Dogs make every book better imo. And Robo is the best.
Happy Reading!
Other books in this series that I've reviewed:
I'm listening to Killing Time next month and can't wait. This series sounds so good!
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy it. The books that follow it are even better.
DeleteDogs really do make every book better! I'm glad this is just as good as the previous books. Great review, Lark! :D
ReplyDeleteFor me, it's a series that has gotten better over time as the characters grow and get more developed.
Deletedogs do make books better.
ReplyDelete:D
DeleteI enjoyed the first book in this series due to your recommendation. I am fascinated by K-9 dogs!
ReplyDeleteMe, too! And I love the books written about them.
DeleteIs Robo a German shepherd? I had one once and I love those dogs! I love hearing about this series ... the K9 unit.
ReplyDeleteRobo is a German Shepherd! And he's just so cute.
DeleteFinally I have broken down and purchased a paperback of the first book in this series. I should get a copy soon and I hope that I get to reading it before the end of the year.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed you like it!
DeleteWow, you're really committed to this series. That's a definite sign that I need to go back and find that first one. Sounds good.
ReplyDeleteI really like Mattie and Robo and the work they do together. And I like how the characters' relationships grow and deepen over time. But it's really Robo who is the star of the show.
DeleteThis is a series I keep meaning to start!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good one!
DeleteIt does sound like a fun series. I will see if my library carries it--probably! I love the K-9 aspect as well.
ReplyDeleteThat's what really keeps me coming back. That and I really like Mattie's and Cole's relationship.
DeleteYay for an author that is able to write so many books in a series that keeps you wanting to come back. And, after looking at the other mystery you most recently posted, you could probably do a post with people looking off into the distance, LOL.
ReplyDeleteI probably could! :D
Delete