Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Wrapping up the 2019 Backlist Reader Challenge:

The goal:  read books from your existing TBR pile or TBR list.

This challenge, hosted by  Lark at The Bookwyrm's Hoard, is always a fun one because it pushes me to read the books I already own--all those books that have been gathering dust on my bookshelves for years now. I didn't have a set goal when I started this challenge last January, although I was kind of hoping to read at least one TBR a month. Did I reach my goal? Not quite. But I did manage to read ten books off my own TBR shelf this year...and I'm good with that. 

Here are the 10 books from my TBR shelf that I read this year:














They were all decent reads, but my two favorites were definitely When the Power is Gone and The Crawling Darkness. But then you know how much I like EMP survival and haunted house books.

Happy Reading!



18 comments:

  1. Good for you. Now this is a challenge I should participate in. Heaven knows I have enough books waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've done well, Lark! This is definitely a good challenge which will motivate us to read the books we own. I can't even imagine how many books I've yet to read from my pile. ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you count them all up, it can be a very surprising number...and humbling number. ;D

      Delete
  3. I like this particular challenge and wish I'd seen it last January because I need some kind of motivation to help me remember to read all the books languishing on my shelves unread. I did manage to get through ten of them this year, but I will never catch up at that pace. I need to make this a personal challenge next year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I don't know why it's so hard to prioritize reading the books I own, but somehow library books always take precedence. That's why I do like this particular reading challenge! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Lark! A challenge to be proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I didn't fall farther behind on my TBR mound. ;D

      Delete
  5. That's awesome, Lark! I have so many books that I own that I need to read, so this is a challenge I really want to participate in next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should've done this challenge! I have so many books that I already own that have languished on my bookshelf. Maybe I'll sign up next year. EMP (love a good end-of-the-world scenario) and haunted houses are favs of mine, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably do this challenge every year just to make myself read some of my own books. I don't know why that's so hard. ;D

      Delete
  7. Ooh Island in the Mist looks good- dinosaurs ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so loved When The Power Is Gone and Cavern of the Damned was a decent read too! Still to read Locker Nine and Island In The Mist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the second book that follows Locker Nine, but I haven't read it yet. I need to read the rest of Glaspy's series, too. :D

      Delete
  9. I think you did great with this challenge, Lark. I really need to get to some of my back list books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might not do this challenge next year, but I do really want to make sure I'm reading books from off my own shelves...even if it's only one a month. :)

      Delete