Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Bookish Valentine

       With or without a significant other, Valentine's Day can still be a day of romance.  Just curl up with a good book and lose yourself in love.  Because romance isn't only about candy hearts, diamond rings, and flowers.  Sometimes true romance is a 12-mile sleigh ride in the freezing cold, or a stolen chicken.  So, here's a list of my 10 Favorite Stories of  Love and Romance:

  1. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
  2. Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher
  3. A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
  4. Precious Bane by Mary Webb
  5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  6. Beauty by Robin McKinley
  7. The Dark Queen by Susan Carroll
  8. Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart
  9. These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  10. A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
           (P.S. They're even better when read with a box of Sees Chocolates.)

Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have actually read two of those! Not to mention I saw the movie versions (5 and 10). pretty good for a dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read 7! Not sure I am familiar with the stolen chicken story, though, so I guess I had better keep reading. This is a great list (especially because I have read most of them). Love the great posts on your blog!

    ReplyDelete