1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
2. I still remember the day my father took me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books for the first time.
3. The Ghost in the Paris opera existed.
4. To kill a man, my dear, is not always to make an end of him.
5. Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board.
6. Who is John Galt?
7. No one who had ever seen Catherine Morland in her infancy would have supposed her born to be a heroine.
8. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
9. I am dead, but it's not so bad.
10. This is the story of what a Woman's patience can endure, and what a Man's resolution can achieve.
Have you read an unforgettable first line lately?
Answers: 1-Pride and Prejudice; 2- The Shadow of the Wind; 3- The Phantom of the Opera; 4- Treasure Mountain; 5- Their Eyes Were Watching God; 6- Atlas Shrugged; 7- Northanger Abbey; 8- 1984; 9- Warm Bodies; 10- The Woman in White.