Friday, December 27, 2013

A Bookish Summary...

My Top 10 Reads of 2013:
1. Now You See Me by S. J. Bolton
1. An Inquiry Into Love and Death by Simone St. James
3. Blackwood by Gwenda Bond
4. The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston
5. World War Z by Max Brooks
6. The Impersonator by Mary Miley
7. School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins
8. If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
9. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
10. The Never List by Koethi Zan

2103 ended up being a great year for books. I read so many well-written, entertaining, and memorable ones it was hard to choose just 10 for my list. I would love to know your top 10 reads for 2013. (Then I would know what to read first in 2014!) As for the rest of my "bookish stats" here they are:
     Total # Books Read :  127 (13 of those were non-fiction books; 14 were rereads)
     Total # Pages Read: 39,555
     Blog Posts: 106
     Bookish Art Posts: 13 (Check out my Gallery page for a quick view of some awesome bookish art.)
     Reading Challenges Completed: 1 (Austen in August)
     Longest Book Read: Democracy in America (703 pages)
     3 of my Favorite Posts:
               Books Are the Answer...
               This Book is TOO Stupid!
               A Jane Austen Education

That's All Folks!
Thanks for stopping by;
I hope to see you next year!

6 comments:

  1. That's a great list! I enjoyed The Snow Child too and I love S.J. Bolton's Lacey Flint series. And congratulations on reading 127 books this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's been fun both reading and blogging about them. Can't wait for the new bookish year to begin.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I read about half as many books as you at 65 (I am hoping to complete one or two more before the 31st!) I enjoyed Blackwood, World War Z, and School Spirits as well. A couple that made my "favorites" list are "Forbidden Lessons in a Kabul Guesthouse" by Suraya Sadeed (NF), and "Sycamore Row" by John Grisham. I hadn't read Grisham in awhile, but found this novel to be particularly satisfying. I think he had better character development and a pretty tight plot. I also liked "The Curve of the World" by Marcus Stevens about a man who goes missing in Africa after a plane crash. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations! I love having a list of future reads; I am definitely going to keep an eye out for these.

      Delete
  3. You had a great year!
    The Snow Child is on my tbr list. I will have to try to read it while it is still the right season for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great retelling of a classic fairy tale; I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete