Monday, December 29, 2014

A bookish summary...

From birdwatching in the Galapagos Islands to hiking and ziplining in the mountains near Salt Lake City, 2014 has been a pretty good year. It's been a good year in books, too. I completed two fun reading challenges:  What's in a Name and R.I.P. IX; I read 11 of the 12 classics on my list; and I got 'blackout' on my Reading Bingo card. I didn't read as many non-fiction books as I originally hoped to (only 9), and I also didn't get the number of unread books on my shelves below 20 (currently my shelves sport 38 TBR books), but other than that I did okay.

I read twice as many books by women as by men; I also read more mystery/suspense and supernatural fiction than any other kind. My least read genre: (surprisingly) chic lit/romance. (See my previous post for a list of my favorite reads in 2014.) As for new authors, I read twice as many new-to-me authors this year than authors I already knew.
Longest book read with 585 pages: Night Film by Marisha Pessl
Total # of posts written and published this year: 135
Most popular post: Reading by the Numbers

To everyone who read my blog this year, and especially to all those who took the time to comment, THANK YOU!  You're the best.

Happy New Year
and, as always,
Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a really great year! I like this kind of summary, too - succinct and packed with information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun year...mostly because of all the great books I read and great people I met. From one Lark to another...Have a very Happy 2015! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope that 2015 brings you many wonderful books! It's been a pleasure "meeting" you this year, via your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you. I enjoy your posts and reviews a lot and hope to have many more bookish conversations with you in 2015. :)

      Delete
  3. I am new to your book blog! It sounds like you had an excellent year of reading. May the New Year be even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...and thanks for commenting. It's always fun to meet new people. I hope to hear from you again. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, I found time to read 37 books this year, including several you had mentioned here. Good for me! Looking forward to another year of reading great books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! I'm glad if any of the books I reviewed ended up being books you enjoyed reading. That's why I blog. :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy seeing what you read and how you liked these books, so thank you for that! I wish you all the best for 2015 and may the books be beautiful and the conversations be great.

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete