Tuesday, December 15, 2015

All I want for Christmas...

...is a box of books. Preferably a big box with a nice mix of books that I've read and want to own, and a bunch more that I haven't read but would like to, with a few surprises thrown in for fun. (Because Christmas isn't Christmas without a few nice surprises.)

For the books that I've already read but would like to own I'd pick a few novels by Sarah Rayne, The Gilded Lily by Helen Argers, The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James (the only book of hers I don't own) as well as some Fred Vargas mysteries, and The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt by Caroline Preston.

As for the books from my To Read list that I'd like to own, Two on a Tower by Thomas Hardy tops the list followed by George Sand's Valentine, a few mysteries by Agatha Christie, and No Fond Return of Love by Barbara Pym. I'd also like some of those old-fashioned children's books published in the forties and fifties that I love so much, and maybe a few new releases and a non-fiction book or two as well.

Wouldn't that be great? With a box of books like that I could spend every day of my Christmas vacation happily reading. And what could be better than that? (Except maybe a beach vacation.) So, here's hoping Santa decides to visit Powells this year before he comes to my house.

Happy Reading!

(P.S. What are you hoping Santa brings you?)

6 comments:

  1. I have so many books already, but what's one or two more? Pioneer Girl by Laura Ingalls Wilder (the annotated original manuscript) would be a nice one. It's been on my wishlist for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good one! I wouldn't mind owning a copy of that book either. :)

      Delete
  2. My fingers are crossed you get those books! That would definitely make for an awesome gift :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope Christmas brings new books for you, too. :)

      Delete
  3. I ask for books every year. :)

    Gift cards are also nice. Then you can go and browse the shelves for hours before bringing home your new treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gift cards ARE nice! Especially Barnes & Noble gift cards. :)

      Delete