Friday, August 19, 2016

Moonstruck!

In honor of last night's full moon, here are some moon-inspired titles that will suit any mood:


Urban Fantasy:
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Science Fiction/Horror:
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad

Newbery Award Winner:
Moon Over Manifest by Claire Vanderpool

The Moon Sisters


Mystery:
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

Magical Realism:
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

Historical Fiction (Set in WWII):
The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck




...so if you're feeling a little moonstruck...
Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. Nice post! I'm a lunar fan myself. I liked The Moonstone (though not as much as The Woman in White), and I hope to read The Moon is Down someday, being a Steinbeck fan, I imagine I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I preferred The Woman in White, too. For me, it's Collins' best. :)

      Delete
  2. A friend gave me the first three Patricia Briggs books, The Mercy Thompson Series, for my birthday. I am so hooked on these books. And not just because I grew up in Walla Walla and visited the Tri-Cities on a regular basis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the funnest reads. I totally love them! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved The Moonstone by Collins, but my favorite is The Woman in White! I still have not read anything by Patricia Briggs, but see her books mentioned frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, The Woman in White is my favorite, too. And you should try the first Mercy Thompson book: Moon Called. I think you'd really like it. I'm hooked on them. :)

      Delete
  4. What a great post!

    I love Ilona Andrews and Jim Butcher. Some of my favorite authors. :-) I really want to read The Moonstone. I loved The Woman in White. And Sarah Addison Allen is another author I keep wanting to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read and liked several of Allen's books; and Andrews and Butcher write some of my favorite urban fantasy novels, along with Briggs, of course. Glad to know we share so many of the same likes in books! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Great list on the moon related books! I know I want to read a few of them, especially The Moonstone and The Girl Who Chased the Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the moon, and I especially *especially* love your list!

    ReplyDelete