Monday, February 19, 2018

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper

It's a tricky business, ghost trapping. Ghosts have a funny way of not showing up when you want them, but instead creeping up on you when you don't. When you're alone in the house late at night, minding your own business, that's when you're likely to hear the unexplained footsteps, walk into a cold spot, or feel invisible fingers touch the back of your neck. When you're actually trying to find them, they can hide silently for days, even weeks. The ghost at Treadwell house, fortunately, did not keep us waiting long.

What I loved:

           ❤ It's funny!  Especially Ellie's little comments and asides all through the book.

            ❤ It's awesomely scary!  What's haunting The Treadwell house down in Savannah, Georgia is mysterious, malevolent. dark and completely terrifying.

            ❤ The ending doesn't disappoint!  Some ghost stories just peter out at the end, leaving you with a lot of unanswered questions. Or else, the ending feels unfinished and unsatisfying. But Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan doesn't do that. The ending of this book is awesome.

            ❤ Plus, it has great characters.  I really liked Ellie and Stacey, her new, untested ghost-trapping partner; I also liked Jacob, the psychic/CPA who helps them out on this case. Which makes me even more excited to read the next book in this series. Go Ellie!

Happy Reading!

22 comments:

  1. I'm always up for a good ghost story! I hadn't heard of this one before, but I'm definitely going to add it to my TBR. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this one! Funny AND scary--what a great combination. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me smile. And I thought the author gave good ghost. :)

      Delete
  3. Agree that a good ending is paramount to any good ghost story! Glad you have found another series with a healthy back catalog to read through. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t heard of this one either but the nicely wrapped up ending of a ghost story sounds too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I hate the ones that just stop without really having a good ending.

      Delete
  5. Oooo, it sounds like it has all of my favorite things! I'm going to have to grab a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's FREE! Yay, I just grabbed it :) Thanks, Lark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did. :D

      Delete
  7. This really sounds like fun! I love a good ghost story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good ghost story, too! So why are they so hard to find?

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a fun read! Love a creepy ghost story, but sometimes books like this work for me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ghosts in this one are definitely creepy. Ellie's just funny. :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, this sounds like a fun series, Lark! I'll have to see if it's available in audio. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed! (If not, it's not a long book and it does read really fast.)

      Delete
  10. This does sound like a fun book - and I love fun books. This sounds so unique as well, I always love books that are different. Thank-you for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this now too! I am glad you enjoyed it, Lark. It sounds like so much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reviewing this. It sounds like a good one. I hate it when a ghost story sort of stops rather than having a satisfying ending, so looking forward to trying this one!

    ReplyDelete