Friday, March 5, 2021

A K-9 Mystery...

 
FBI agents Meg Jennings and Brian Foster and their dogs, Hawk and Lacey, have been sent to Blue Ridge, Georgia to track down an elusive killer who's been shooting people with a compound bow and arrow. All the murder victims seem to be connected to a proposed dam being built in the area; the resulting reservoir would wipe out several homes and farms. It's also being built on land claimed by the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. Which leaves plenty of suspects for the FBI to investigate.

What I love about Sara Driscoll's FBI K-9 novels is the relationship between Meg and her dog, Hawk, and how she and Hawk use their unique skill set to track down the truth. Leave No Trace is the fifth book in this series, and it's another solid and entertaining mystery. There's good suspense. And Driscoll includes a lot of history about Georgia and the Cherokee in this one, which I found both interesting and sad. Meg's relationship with her firefighter boyfriend, Todd Webb, also deepens in this one, which made me happy. I like the two of them together. And the dogs? They're as awesome as ever. If you're into K-9 mysteries, this is a very good series to check out!

Happy Reading!


Other fun K-9 reads:


27 comments:

  1. Sounds like there are lots of good reasons to read this series! I'll have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this series gets better with each book. I liked the first one, but I've liked each of the subsequent books even better.

      Delete
  2. Dogs in books can add so much to a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's a good mystery series for when you're in that kind of mood. :)

      Delete
  4. Compound bow and arrow? What a way to go! I think I'd really like this series. I'll see if they have an audio at my library.

    Btw, I'm honored you want to do favorite non-review books post! I look forward to seeing your choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good series...especially because of the dogs and the human characters. :) And I'm going to do my first "loved by didn't review these books" post at the end of this month.

      Delete
    2. Wonderful! I look forward to it. I just checked and the first book in this series is included in my Audible Plus catalog and the e-book is on Kindle Unlimited! Score! Downloading now. :)

      Delete
  5. Do you know, I had no idea what a "K-9 mystery" was supposed to refer to. Even Googling K-9 on its own did not help, the magic words were "FBI K-9". Sheesh! I am assuming K-9 is a pun on "canine"? LOLs. Learnt something new today, thank you~
    Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Apparently, the term K-9 originated back in WWII in the Army's K-9 Corp. and I guess we've been using it ever since. Which I didn't know before either.

      Delete
  6. Sounds great, and I love the history elements and the Cherokee depth as well. Sounds like a great series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the different elements Driscoll brings into her books. In her last book it was all about Urbexing.

      Delete
  7. I'm always excited for a K-9 mystery. Add in the Cherokee element in this one and I'm sold. I really need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need more dogs in my life. This sounds like a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a series I know, though I think I recall you mentioning it before. I must look into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reviewed a couple of books from this series. It's one that I like a lot. And each book seems to get better.

      Delete
  10. I've heard you talk about this one before and sounds like it only continues to get better. Love it when that happens with a series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you about the relationship between the dog and the investigator and how they work as a team in these books. That's what would make me pick one of them up because other than that they appear to be pretty much the norm for this kind of fiction. But it's all about finding your niche, and maybe this author has done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If these were just regular mysteries without the K-9 aspect I probably wouldn't keep reading them; it's the dogs and the two main characters that keep me coming back. :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't read many K-9 books but this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great series! And of course, the dogs are always a plus. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs really do make this series a lot of fun.

      Delete