Sunday, May 9, 2021

Not just a summer romance...

 

Ben and Anna had a plan to sail the Caribbean together. But then Ben took his own life and Anna now has to figure out how to live without him. Only it's not working. So on the day they were supposed to set sail, Anna decides to take Ben's boat and make the trip alone. But Anna's never sailed without Ben, so she hires a professional sailor to show her the ropes.

Keane is grieving, too. He lost his lower right leg in a car accident a year ago and now no one will hire him to race with their crew, even though he has a prosthetic leg that makes it possible and sailboat racing is the thing he loves most in the world. Until he meets Anna.

My thoughts:  Float Plan by Trish Doller is one of those poignant and charming reads that had me hooked from the first page. I really felt for Anna as she grieved Ben's death and the loss of all their dreams. I also admired her resilience as she found new hopes and dreams for herself.
"I'm starting to understand how sadness and happiness can live side by side within a heart. And how that heart can keep on beating."

Her relationship with Keane as they went from polite strangers to caring friends to more was a touching journey. There's a lot of humor and heart in this book. I also really enjoyed reading about all the different islands they visited; it made me want to set sail around the Caribbean myself. All in all, Trish Doller has written an amazing story that I loved a lot.  

Happy Reading!



36 comments:

  1. I love books that just tug at me like this. It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna's journey certainly tugged at my heart. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a nice story. I hadn't heard pf it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked this one. And it was just recently published.

      Delete
  3. Love the sound of this! (Of course I do... ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an appealing story that involves a lot of healing with some romance thrown into the mix. You'll probably want to throw rocks at me when I say it's aimed pretty exclusively at female readers. And, honestly, I'm not sure if that statement is a reflection on my own reading prejudices or the truth...preparing to duck now. LOL (In today's social climate, I'm not even sure if it's safe to think out loud like this.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I would agree that most romances are aimed at women. But then maybe me saying that is not being fair to men. I guess it goes both ways.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a nice read! Sailing around the Caribbean (even if only in book form) doesn't sound half bad either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those islands they visited was certainly a big draw for me. :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds great - from the sailing to the healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound like it would be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so good! I've read a YA by Trish Dollar a while back and vaguely remember enjoying the book. I'll check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her YA books, but I know she's written several. I think this is her first adult fiction novel.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a good read. Will keep this book in mind should the mood (for a light read) strikes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good, light read...perfect for summertime. :)

      Delete
  10. Lark, this sounds like such a great read. I'm so glad you shared about it - now I can add it to my TBR list :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a wonderful and heart-stirring read. Sailing around the Caribbean someday would be so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be the best trip? I'd love to be able to just sail to any island, stay as long as I wanted, then sail to another beach somewhere. :)

      Delete
  12. I love that quote you shared. And I really like the sound of this book. My heart already aches for Keane and Ana. I can only imagine how frustrated Keane must be feeling. I am glad he was able to help Ana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both characters I cared about...and rooted for in equal measure.

      Delete
  13. I was surprising to discover how much I enjoyed this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was either. But I really liked this one. :)

      Delete
  14. This sounds very sad and touching. I think I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is both...and also sweet and happy, too. :)

      Delete
  15. Not my usual genre, but I might have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was something about this one that I just really loved.

      Delete
  16. I love that it sounds like such a hopeful read even though it's dealing with grief. Definitely going to have to read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does end up being a hopeful read; I liked watching both characters heal and find happiness.

      Delete
  17. This does sound really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. I really liked it a lot! :)

      Delete