Friday, February 11, 2022

Grave Reservations by Cherie Priest

 

This one is just fun! Leda Foley runs her own travel agency, though she only has two clients at the moment. And she sometimes gets psychic vibes, though not consistently or accurately. But she's getting better at it. She does Klairvoyant Karaoke several times a week at a local bar, and she just saved Detective Grady Merritt's life when she got a bad feeling and rebooked his flight home at the last minute. Now Detective Merritt wants her to help him with a tricky murder case. He hopes her psychic ability will give him a new lead. Despite her doubts, Leda agrees. She doesn't know if she'll be any help on Grady's case, but she hopes he might be able to solve the three-year-old murder of her fiancé, Tod.

There's so much to like about this book! Leda is engaging and quirky. Grady is more down-to-earth, a diligent detective and a good single Dad. Between his police work and her psychic flashes they make for an entertaining team. There's fun banter between the characters and Priest's writing is so humorous. I'd happily read many more mysteries with these two characters! Thanks, Verushka @ pop.edit.lit for recommending this book. It's a delightful read. 

Happy Reading!


My other favorite Cherie Priest read:




36 comments:

  1. This sounds super fun and I'm definitely in the mood for something light and funny. Thanks for the rec! I'd never heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun setup. Something about an unreliable psychic just has the makings for a great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I wanted to read it! I mean, Klairvoyant Karaoke? That alone made me laugh. :D

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a fun read! I haven't read anything by this author, but it sounds like I need to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like both this book and I Am Princess X. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, this does sound like fun. I'd read it just to find out what Klairvoyant Karaoke is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound like it would be an entertaining read and a nice respite from more serious reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the characters, and the humor. It's a fun mystery.

      Delete
  6. This does sound like a fun read! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Verushka; she's the one who brought this book to my attention. And I'm so glad she did! :)

      Delete
  7. I like the cover and it sounds like an interesting read. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every once in a while I need a fun book like this. It's kind of one of those weeks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! I've been having too many of those kinds of weeks lately. Happy reading. :)

      Delete
  9. I bet I would love this! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it, Lark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read this one; it's fun! :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read Cherie Priest in years! This one sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it! I hope she writes more books with these characters. :D

      Delete
  11. This sounds awesome and I like the psychic angle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that psychic angle that made me want to read this one!

      Delete
  12. This does sound like a fun one! I'll put it on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. It's funny and different and it made me smile.

      Delete
  13. This does sound good and I am always looking for mysteries my sister hasn't read yet! I will check my library.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see why you liked this one, it does sound like a book I would enjoy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one! I liked the combination of his police work and her psychic flashes. :)

      Delete
  15. This sounds like such a great read. Those psychic vibes sound like a fun twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the whole psychic thing that really made me want to read this one. :)

      Delete
  16. It sounds fun and I like the cover. What we could all use is fun, light stories right now. YAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I could use more light, fun books in my life! :)

      Delete
  17. The characters sound interesting, and not to mention the book sounds like a fun read, too! :)

    ReplyDelete