Saturday, July 25, 2026

Haiku reviews...

 

Out of the Woods by Madison Wright


She never leaves home.
He never stays in one place. 
How can they fall in love?


Romance .... 362 pages .... 4/5 stars.
(Cute and clean.)






A Murder Most Camp by Nicolas Didomizio


Mikey, 29, must spend
the summer working at camp
with his 12-year-old aunt.

Mystery .... 350 pages .... 4/5 stars.
(Humorous mystery set at summer camp where Mikey and his aunt, Annabelle, try to solve a decade old cold case.)






Dolly All the Time by Annabel Monaghan


Dolly wants the best
for her son, brother, and dad.
But what does she want for herself?


Romance .... 360 pages .... 4.5/5 stars.
(Similar vibe to Nora Goes Off Script which I also loved.)



Happy Reading!

34 comments:

  1. Wow - lots of readers are enjoying Dolly All The Time. The hold list at our local libraries is long, long, long. I haven't read any books by Annabel Monaghan but I will keep them in mind when I'm in mood. I understand that Julia Whelan narrates this one and she is very talented. Oh, and Mikey (29) has a 12-year-old aunt? That mystery sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikey's interactions with his 12-year-old aunt were so funny. They were both fun characters. And I've loved all of the Annabel Monaghan books I've read; I think you would enjoy any of them. :D

      Delete
  2. I loved Dolly All the Time and definitely need to pick up Nora Goes Off Script. That was actually the Monaghan book I was going to read but then Dolly came out and I got distracted. The other two look good too - especially A Murder Most Camp. I never can resist a cold case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly All the Time was a very fun read. I liked Nora Goes Off Script even more...maybe because I read it first. :D

      Delete
  3. I just finished reviewing Dolly All the Time, which I loved! I listened to the audio, narrated by Julia Whelan, which is outstanding. I'll look for Nora Goes Off Script next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your haiku reviews, Lark! All of these books sound wonderful! I've been very curious about A Murder Most Camp, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three interesting books, made more interesting by your haiku reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all sound good! I'm especially interested in Dolly All the Time😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. But any and all of her books are great reads. She's become a favorite author.

      Delete
  7. These are great. I always think this is so unique and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Mary! I have a lot of fun writing these haikus.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful haikus! I really loved Dolly All the Time (no surprise -- I've loved all of her books!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of Monaghan's books, too! She hasn't disappointed yet. :D

      Delete
  9. I have Dolly on my waiting to buy list...just gotta wait a few more days until another books comes out

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been seeing the Dolly book around. Seems like fun. And are boats involved?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some sailing excursions and sailboat lessons.

      Delete
  11. I've heard good things about Dolly All the Time and want to try the author. A Murder Most Camp sounds like summer fun! Great reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Monaghan's romances! From Nora Goes Off Script to this latest one. They're all very fun reads. :D

      Delete
  12. All of these sound good, especially Out of the Woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed this romance series by Madison Wright.

      Delete
  13. A Murder Most Camp sounds pretty fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me laugh. I liked Mikey and his aunt. And I always love that summer camp setting!

      Delete
  14. Dolly All the Time just went on my list today...audio version. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked your fun reviews. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're definitely reading in a kind of theme with the woods and camping coming up a lot recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm always drawn to those kinds of books, but especially in the summertime.

      Delete
  17. These all sound good, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete