Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week's topic: Books I'd Want With Me While Stranded On a Deserted Island.
My first book felt like an obvious choice:
1. How to Build a Boat by Jonathan Gornall
And when that doesn't work, here's my next choice:
2. How To Survive on a Deserted Island
Then, while I wait to be rescued, I'd want some favorite books along that I know I love and can read over and over again. Like these:
3. The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. All seven of them!
But, being stranded alone on a deserted island, I'd also want something to read that's frivolous and fun and romantic. I thought this short story collection was particularly appropriate:
4. Beach Brides--Message in a Bottle
Then, while I have so much time to read, I might as well tackle some of those pesky TBR books I've been meaning to read for several years now:
5. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
6. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
7. Whiteout by Adriana Anders
8. Locked In by Kerry Wilkinson
9. This Poison Will Remain by Fred Vargas
And when I'm tired of reading, I'd take a crossword puzzle book like this one to help kill the time:
With all of these great books to read, suddenly being stranded on a deserted island doesn't sound so bad! Where do I sign up?