Monday, July 27, 2015

A Bookish Quiz...

Here are my answers to five random questions that are unapologetically bookish; what would your bookish answers be?

1. If you could have lunch with any dead author (miraculously brought back to life for the occasion) who would it be?
Bram Stoker...because I'm not scathingly witty enough 
to lunch with Dorothy Parker.

2. Which fictional character would you love to hang out with?
Nancy Drew

3. If you could jump into any book and temporarily trade lives with one of its characters, who would you choose?
Elizabeth Bennett

4. If you could visit any fictional setting, where would you go?
I'd love to spend the day shopping in Diagon Alley...maybe buy
some chocolate frogs, or a wand, or my very own owl... and then
I'd like to visit Honeydukes and Hogwarts.

5. Which fictional leading man (or lady) would you like to sped a romantic evening with?
Francisco d'Anconia

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I'm scared to invite my beloved authors to lunch. I'd have to think of one that would be kind enough not to intimidate me! Maybe Madeleine L'Engle? As for a fictional setting, Diagon Alley is a great choice, but I could not pass up the chance for a voyage on the Dawn Treader...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dawn Treader is a great choice. Especially if Reepicheep is there. :)

      Delete
  2. A great list! I was just thinking how much I'd love browsing Diagon Alley - but then I saw the mention of Reepicheep, and now I'm torn :) And you've got me thinking about my answers. I think my favorite author to lunch would be Dorothy Dunnett, because Jane Austen & Dorothy L. Sayers would intimidate the heck out of me. But Peter Wimsey would be on my list of romantic partners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choices! I know what you mean about certain authors being too intimidating to lunch with. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... I am trying to just go with my first responses here and not overthink it...so I am going to say 1) Laura Ingalls Wilder (second choice..Maeve Binchy), 2) Lucky Starr Space Ranger 3) Elizabeth Bennett, 4) tough choices...I love the thought of Diagon Alley too, but I think I would choose the Star Wars universe as a setting I would like to visit...maybe a trip to Tattooine or Naboo by that lake...5) Mike Flannigan
    Great quiz!!! Got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your list! Thanks for playing along.

      Delete