Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Charmed by Charming...

"I come from a long line of dragon slayers ... I used to be one of the modern-day knights who patrol the borders between the world of man and the supernatural abyss that is its shadow. I wore non-reflective Kevlar instead of shining armor and carried a sawed-off shotgun as well as a sword ... until the day I discovered that I had been cursed by one of the monsters I used to hunt. My name is Charming by the way. John Charming. And I am not living happily ever after."

John Charming may be hunted and alone, but he's also super-fast, strong, handsome, dangerous, irreverent, wolfish and funny. If it sounds like I'm gushing, I am. I have a bit of a bookish crush on John Charming.  I also really like Sig, the blond Valkyrie he meets in Charming, Elliott James' excellent urban fantasy adventure. Sig is beautiful and tough, with supernatural powers of her own; she's as good in a fight as John, if not better, which comes in handy when they have to hunt down a dangerous vampire hive. Can you tell that I loved this novel? It's fast-paced humorous magical fun. And there's at least three more books in the series! (Which I can't wait to check out of the library because I'm already itching for another dose of the very charming John Charming.)

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me! I'm intrigued by the world building and not to mention John Charming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a great character; I think you'll like him a lot. I know I did. :)

      Delete
  2. I read this awhile back, and I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the characters in it that make it so good...they're just fun to spend some time with. :)

      Delete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed this one too! It really is a fun read, and I think Sig and John are great characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun reading this book! It's the perfect summer read.

      Delete
  4. I like be urban fantasy and don't read nearly enough of it. This series sounds perfect. Off to add it to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it; it's a lot of fun.

      Delete