Monday, August 21, 2017

Irresistible Titles...

Because sometimes it doesn't matter what the book is about. Sometimes the title alone is enough to make me check it out. Like these four recent reads:



The Romance Reader's Guide to Life 
      by Sharon Pywell

This one is multilayered, magical and memorable. If you want to know more, check out Melody's review.






Zombies and Calculus
     by Colin Adams

There was a little too much math and not enough zombies for me, but I thought the idea was hilarious!







Helen & Troy's Epic Road Quest
     by A. Lee Martinez

This book was quirky and humorous and I loved it!






The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires
     by Molly Harper

Bit of a guilty pleasure, this book is as fun as it sounds!






And here's one that I haven't read yet but want to just because of its crazy title:


Got any other irresistible titles to add to the list?
Happy Reading!


18 comments:

  1. Yes! Sometimes it really is about the title :) Zombies and Calculus had me cracking up with that title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll read zombies of most kinds but not when it involves maths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D But you have to admit, it's a funny idea.

      Delete
  3. :) I think It Happened One Dooms Day would be worth a try! I recently read about AI generated Romance Titles which are like funny translations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, doesn't it? (And thanks for that link! Some of those bad translations are hilarious.)

      Delete
  4. Ha ha! I love these. I bought two books recently because of the titles. Angry Houswives Eating Bon Bons and I Woke Up Dead at the Mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those ARE great titles...I'd check them out! :)

      Delete
  5. I can see why these titles drew you to the books! I'm a sucker for a good title and cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good titles and good first lines...they're often what makes me decide to read, or not read, a book. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the linking, Lark. I'm intrigued with the epic road quest book; the title alone sounds like a fun read to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Helen & Troy's Epic Road Trip was just a lot of fun! I still smile thinking about it. :)

      Delete
  7. Except for the math (ick!) and vampire ones, all of these sound fantastic. Adding them to my TBR list. Thanks, as always, for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to plan out my reading, but I'm looking forward to wandering through my library once the kids go to school and just picking whatever catches my eye!

    Who can resist the combination of zombies and math anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I know it made me laugh. :) Happy wandering!

      Delete
  9. I'd rather have the calculus without the zombies! But these are all great titles. "The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making" is one of those titles, too. One of these days, I've got to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an irresistible title! Oh, and the Zombies and Calculus book has much more math in it than zombies... ...so you might actually like it. :)

      Delete