"Two weeks in the state's most haunted house. This is either
going to be a great decision or the worst experience of my life."
- REMY: a tour guide for Carrow House who knows its history better than anyone else.
- MARK SULLIGENT: the man with a secret who's spearheading this two-week experiment.
- APRIL MAHON: the seventeen-year-old owner of Carrow House with a passion for ghosts and hauntings.
- LUCILLE PRICE: April's chaperone
- MARJORIE MCALLISTER: a well-known and respected spirit medium
- BERNARD: Marjorie's taciturn assistant
- TAJ SADANA: ghost-hunter and tech guy
- PIERS: tour participant
- EDGAR PORTER: the serial killer whose ghost still stalks the halls of Carrow House
Once an asylum for the sick, then a hotel for the rich, Carrow House has seen a lot of deaths over the years. And many of those spirits are still trapped within its walls. And it doesn't take much to waken them ... or the evil that haunts Carrow House. An evil that is determined not to let Remy or anyone else in her group leave Carrow House alive.
I love a good ghost story, especially one that takes place in a haunted house, and The Carrow Haunt by Darcy Coates has all the elements I love: good characters that are flawed but not frustratingly stupid, an eerie atmosphere, good scares, seances, bleeding walls, slamming doors, cold spots, a raging storm outside and some very creepy ghosts inside. This novel is more supernatural mystery and suspense than horror, but I actually liked that. It reminded me of all those classic ghost stories I've read and loved over the years. So here's to Darcy Coates and her awesome ghostly novel.