Monday, August 5, 2019

Haiku Reviews...


Twisted (Tracers#5) by Laura Griffin


A new detective
and an FBI profiler track down
a serial killer.


Romantic suspense .... 370 pages .... 4.5/5 stars.
(I liked this one even more than Stone Cold Heart.)





Storm of Locusts (Sixth World #2) by Rebecca Roanhorse


A cult, a lightning sword,
a missing friend--Maggie must
fight the odds again.


Apocalyptic urban fantasy .... 311 pages .... 4/5 stars.
(An awesome sequel to Trail of Lightning.)





Undead by Kirsty McKay


Her class ski trip turns
horror show when Bobby's classmates
become the undead.


YA Zombie Apocalypse .... 263 pages .... 3.5/5 stars.
(Bonus:  It's set in Scotland during a snowstorm!)




Someone to Trust by Mary Balogh


She's widowed; he's nine
years younger. Together
they're a perfect match.


Regency Romance .... 369 pages ....  3.5/5 stars.
(In some ways, this story reminded me of Jane Austen's Persuasion.)




Happy Reading!


30 comments:

  1. Short and sweet! I love your haiku reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these books sound so good! I love your haiku reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These reviews remind me of the kind of thing the voiceover guy says at the beginning of movie trailers. I read them with that voice in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That's awesome. You totally made me laugh.

      Delete
  4. Serial Killers, Zombies, Urban Fantasy and Regency Romance...all your favorites! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the books sound interesting! And as always, I enjoy reading your haiku reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the reviews! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going through the Tracer's series from the beginning. I have the audio of the second book and I'm halfway through. Usually a pretty good crime procedural/romantic suspense. Undead was fun. The nine year age difference with the woman being older isn't my favorite situation. I know, that makes me a hypocrite, especially being a woman, lol, but something about it. I don't know. Great reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying the Tracer's series a lot, although I have been reading them totally out of order. I'll probably read the first one in the series next. :D

      Delete
  8. Storm of Locusts looks awesome- I need to get that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that series! Maggie is such a great character.

      Delete
  9. I love this post. Such a great idea with the haikus! Twisted and Someone to Trust caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE the cover of Undead. A Scotland snowstorm sounds fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea of very short, poetic reviews. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such a great idea! I really need to read Storm of Locusts, I liked the first book so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trail of Lightning was really good, wasn't it? Storm of Locusts is a great sequel. You get to meet some fun new characters, too. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  13. The cover for Undead . . . I love it. Haha These all sound like great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such fun reviews. I have the Mary Balogh book and need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a fun Regency Romance. :)

      Delete