Monday, October 19, 2020

Haiku Reviews...

 


Outsider (Kate Burkholder #12) by Linda Castillo


An old friend of Kate's
brings trouble to Painters Mill--
now they're all in danger.


Mystery .... 309 pages .... 4/5 stars.
(This series is still going strong.)





The Tourist Attraction by Sarah Morgenthaler


His NO TOURISTS! rule
doesn't stop him from falling 
in love with her.


Contemporary romance .... 409 pages .... 3.5/5 stars.
(For a real review of this one, check out Barb's review @ Booker T's Farm.)




Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie


Miss Marple warned them:
Let sleeping murder lie. Too bad
they didn't listen.


Mystery .... 237 pages .... 4.5/5 stars.
(Helen's review @ She Reads Novels is what made me want to read this one.)



Happy Reading!


27 comments:

  1. I don't think I've read anything by Linda Castillo. Another series to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twelve books in and still going strong? I'll have to look into the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a fun one! I like the whole Amish thing in it. :)

      Delete
  3. These all look fun. I need more mysteries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could do with a little more Agatha Christie in my reading life. :)

      Delete
  4. That Miss Marple was a good'un. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping Murder is one of my all-time favorite Miss Marple! I've read is so many times. So glad you loved it, too! I need to see if they have an audio for a re-read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleeping Murder was so fun! I love Agatha Christie. :)

      Delete
  6. I've read some of Linda Castillo's stuff and enjoyed it, but it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy her Kate Burkholder series...both for the characters, and for the setting. :)

      Delete
  7. Yay for more haiku reviews! They're always super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh haikus! I missed these! (Oh hello Sleeping Murder!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agatha Christie! I love her books. The Tourist Attraction sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, Linda Castillo. So glad the series is still going strong. I am not very far into it but really like the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, thanks for linking my review. Sorry you didn't love it as much. It just struck a cord for me. I'm actually buddy reading book 2 in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the two main characters, but it bugged me that Lana thought she knew what was best for their little town when she'd never even lived there for long periods of time. I thought it was presumptuous of her; and I didn't like that Zoey seemed to take her side when she'd been there less than two weeks. It's a small thing, but it made me knock off half a star on my review. :)

      Delete