Thursday, November 3, 2016

Blackout!

I finally finished Reading Bingo 2016! Courtesy of  Unruly Reader, this year's bingo card was a lot of fun; some categories were really easy to fill, others a little more challenging. Here are the books I read:


Adventure:
The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly

Autobiography:
My Story by Elizabeth Smart

Beach Read:
Charming by Elliott James

Children's Classic:
Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher

Compelling Review:
Find Her by Lisa Gardner
(Thanks Nadia!)

Disaster:
Stranded by Melinda Braun

Embarrassed to Admit... that I actually finished this crass, stupid book:
Office Girl by Joe Meno

Endorsed by an Author:
A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn

Everyone's Reading It:
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

Food:
Positive by David Wellington

Historical:
 In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vadday Ratner
Bound by Sally Gunning

Improve Your Life:
Achieve Anything in Just One Year by Jason Harvey

Journalistic:
And the Good News Is... by Dana Perino

Law and Order:
Gone Missing by Linda Castillo
Fear the Dark by Kay Hooper
Silenced by Kristina Ohlsson

LOL:
Lost in Austen by Emma Campbell Webster

Music:
Adrenalized: Life, Def Leppard, and Beyond by Phil Collen

National Book Award:
The Court of the Stone Children by Eleanor Cameron

Older Than My Mom:
Two on a Tower by Thomas Hardy

President:
Red Girl, Blue Boy by Lauren Boratz-Logsted

Spies:
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Suburban Ennui:
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick

Title Attraction:
Choose Your Own Love Story by Ilyse Mimoun

Twisted:
The Silence of Ghosts by Jonathan Aycliffe
Girl 4 by Will Carver

Ugly Cover:
The Poisoned Chocolates Case by Anthony Berkeley


(Can you guess my favorite bingo reads?)
Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun with this challenge! :) I had to check the "ugly cover" to see what it looked like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you think? With a cover like that, is it a book you would read, or avoid? :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for completing this challenge! Sounds like fun and you'd read many books; most of which I'm not aware of and it's nice to explore them for future reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky with my bingo reads this year. There are a lot of good ones on that card. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on completing the challenge. I'm impressed! I haven't heard of a single one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some of them I hadn't heard of before either. That's what I love about reading bingo; it makes me stretch as a reader. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Looks like you read some good ones along the way, too. I hope you get to celebrate accomplishing your goal :) Maybe by buying a new book??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea! Buying new books always makes me happy.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Reading is the one area where I really excel. ;D

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Lark! Such a great list of books -- I love to see how people approach each category. Yours are good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some might seem like a bit of a stretch, but in my mind they all fit their respective categories perfectly. Thanks for coming up with such a fun bingo card! :)

      Delete