Wednesday, September 22, 2021

The Siren Saves the Billionaire by Kristen Painter

 
"Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town where Halloween is celebrated 365 days a year. The tourists think it's all a show: the vampires, the werewolves, the witches, the occasional gargoyle flying through the sky. But the supernaturals populating the town know better. Living in Nocturne Falls means being yourself. Fangs and all."

 


 
I love Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls series. There's nothing dark in these books. Each paranormal romance has fun magic, lots of humor, and a happy ending. The town is populated with a few humans and many vampires, werewolves, witches, gargoyles, Fae, and even a dragon. Undrea Seeley is a mermaid. She creates custom aquariums for people and she's just been hired to install a very large fish tank in tech billionaire Ethan Edmond's new house. 

She's attracted to Ethan right away, but that might be because of her mer-magic and an accidental kiss they share. After all, Ethan has a girlfriend (who claims to be his fiancèe), and Nina is not going to let Ethan go without a fight. She'll even use her own dark magic to keep him. But Undrea is determined to save Ethan from Nina...and protect him from her own magic, too. She'll just need a little help from Ethan's hairless cat, Bowie, and a few witch friends in order to do it. 

This entertaining paranormal romance is light-hearted, magical fun. I really liked Undrea and all her mermaid rules. Ethan and his cute cat were both great, too. And I like how the supernatural residents of Nocturne Falls always come together to help out one of their own. I think my favorite Painter novels are still The Vampire's Fake Fiancee, The Werewolf Dates the Deputy, and The Werewolf Meets His Match, but The Siren Saves the Billionaire is a very charming and enjoyable read, too. 

Happy Reading!





32 comments:

  1. This series sounds like fun! I'll keep them in mind should I've the mood for some light reads. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very fun series. I've liked every book in it that I've read.

      Delete
  2. never heard of a humorous werewolf/vampire book before! this sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the humor in these books that keeps me coming back. That and the happy endings. :)

      Delete
  3. I read the first book years ago and enjoyed it. I need to get back to this series. I love a good humorous paranormal romance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the first book is probably my least favorite book of the bunch. The later books (that I've read) have all been better than the first. :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like such a light and fun PN romance! I didn't know about the series but I'll be checking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books are fun! The dialogue is usually humorous and the happy endings are great. :D

      Delete
  5. I'll have to mention this series to my daughter who loves paranormal romances. It sounds like something she would really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each story is just cute, and funny, and the characters are so great.

      Delete
  6. How have I NOT heard of this series until now? Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention. It's going on my wishlist right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun series! Just don't start with the very first book; it's my least favorite. The others are all better.

      Delete
  7. I love this series, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this series the best? The books just make me happy. :)

      Delete
  8. Love the idea of a mermaid who creates aquariums! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun series! I'm definitely in the mood for light and happy paranormal romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series definitely fits that! And the nice thing is you don't have to read this series in order. You can pick and choose which books sound best to you.

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a lot of fun- I like that they're lighthearted and the town full of paranormals sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The town is a lot of fun, kind of like supernatural Disneyland, but without all the rides.

      Delete
  11. Nocturne Falls itself sounds like so much fun -- I don't think I have ever read a book where the humans are in the minority in a town like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very fun town and makes for some very humorous situations with the tourists. :D

      Delete
  12. I would totally visit Nocturne Falls as I love Halloween! :)
    This sounds like a great read for the season and especially if you want something with some of the spooky elements but not too scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to spend a seek in Nocturne Falls just for the yummy food and all the fun costumed inhabitants. And this is a great supernatural series that offers humor, magic and romance without all the scares.

      Delete
  13. This series sounds like a lot of fun. I love Halloween so Nocturne Falls sounds like my kind of place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try at least one book in this series! These books are just so much fun. :)

      Delete
  14. I know what you mean. I too enjoy witches,vampires etc set in an urban setting. Right now I am contemplating a series by Madelyn Alt about a young woman who gets a job at an antique store and discovers it's owned by a witch, a good Witch. I will also put Kristen Painter on my list. I love the idea of a town celebrating Haloween all year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My library has several of those Madelyn Alt's books; I'll have to check them out. :D

      Delete
  15. I'll have to get to these someday. I just checked and they don't have the audios at my library. :/

    ReplyDelete