Sunday, September 29, 2024

The Spirit Girls by Dawn Merriman

 
First line:  I should be afraid, but I'm not.

Plot summary:  Rylan Flynn can talk to ghosts. She and her friend, Mickey, film some of her encounters for their YouTube show Beyond the Dead Investigations. But mostly Rylan tries to help the ghosts crossover. But when the ghost of a young woman leads Rylan to her dead body in the woods near her aunt's house, Rylan finds herself caught up in a murder investigation. Something Detective Ford Pierce is not thrilled about. 

My thoughts:  This is a fast and fun paranormal mystery; it's a little short, and not too scary, and I really liked it. From the ghosts in her home to her penchant for filling her house and garage up with found 'treasures', Rylan is an interesting and likable character. And her longtime crush on Ford hints at the possibility of some romance in future books. It's a very promising start to this new ghostly series. And I look forward to reading more books about Rylan Flynn and the ghosts in her life. 

My rating: 4/5 stars.

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! A perfect read for this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like just my style for a spooky read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think I would like this one. Great first line too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of the mystery and the potential for romance to come. I'll look this one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just back from holidaying in Cornwall and starting to catch up with posts. I like the sound of this one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding this to my wish list! I am glad you liked it, Lark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! I haven't heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a fast-paced read. Unfortunately paranormal books give me nightmares so I'd have to pass on this book. Glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete