- Did you know there are 365 beaches on the island of Aruba? That's a beach a day for an entire year! I think I need to go there.
- I have 12 squares filled in on my bookish Bingo card (and 7 squares on my YA card). So close to Bingo; still a ways to go for blackout. But definitely having fun.
- Memorable quote from The Taliban Cricket Club by Timeri N. Murari: "To read a language, any language, is a wonderful gift ... I remember my own excitement at discovering the alphabet -- first the letters formed words and then sentences, paragraphs, and pages, and ultimately they provided the pleasure of reading a whole book ... " I couldn't have said it any better.
- An overheard snatch of conversation that could be the title of a book: All the Ruths Are Dying. Isn't that great? I have no idea what kind of book it would be, but I know I would definitely pick it up to find out.
- I like to go birdwatching, and this week I was finally able to add my 100th bird to my birding life list: the common goldeneye. (I saw about 6 females at the Jordan River Parkway--brown-headed ducks with a white band around their necks and bright yellow eyes.) Yay. My 100th bird!!
- And lastly, here's some good advice from Matt Haig's delightful (and funny) novel The Humans: Your life will have 30,000 days in it. Make sure you remember some of them.
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Great post! I enjoyed your musings...and think that Aruba sounds like a great place to explore a beach a day!ReplyDelete
Congrats on seeing your 100th bird--common goldeneyes are so cool (well, most ducks are cool, as are most birds!). I just topped sixty, but I'm hoping with the spring to add to that substantially--the change of seasons plus an upcoming trip to the Pacific coast should add a lot.ReplyDelete
Happy birding...and reading :)
Thanks! Here's hoping your upcoming trip takes you to 100 birds, too!Delete