Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Sunday, February 14, 2021
- Consistency is key!
- What matters is what you do, not what you say you're going to do.
- You'll never know if your time has come if you don't try.
- Celebrate every personal best.
- Never give up on your dreams.
- Giving your best over the whole course is what life is about.
- In whatever we do in life, it's important to finish strong. You can always rest when you're done.
Friday, February 12, 2021
|Henry John Hudson -- The Letter|
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Sunday, February 7, 2021
Thursday, February 4, 2021
Monday, February 1, 2021
Friday, January 29, 2021
"But now that we have actually embarked upon this journey, our future is so uncertain, and so unknown, it is impossible not to have misgivings. How ironic that in order to escape the lunatic asylum I have had to embark upon the most insane undertaking of my life."
"I am rather accustomed to doing the unconventional, the unpopular... Frankly, from the way I have been treated by the so-called 'civilized' people in my life, I rather look forward to residency among the savages."
"As I look around the circle of this tipi, even the chokingly close walls of my old room at the asylum suddenly seem in memory to be somehow comforting, familiar...a square, solid room with four walls... but, no, these thoughts I banish. I live in a new world, on a new earth, among new people. Courage!"
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Saturday, January 23, 2021
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Sunday, January 17, 2021
|Pablo Picasso -- Woman With a Book, 1932|
Thursday, January 14, 2021
"A space adventure set on a lone ship where the clones of a murdered crew must find their murderer -- before they kill again.
It was not common to awaken in a cloning vat streaked with drying blood. At least, Maria Arena had never experienced it. She had no memory of how she died. That was also new; before, when she had awakened as a new clone, her first memory was of how she died.
Maria's vat was in the front of six vats, each one holding the clone of a crew member of the starship Dormire... And Maria wasn't the only one to die recently."
Monday, January 11, 2021
The Unruly Reader has once again put out a fun Book Bingo card. I always love bookish bingo because I love finding books to fill the different categories, reading them, and then crossing off the matching square. Here are her categories for this year:
Friday, January 8, 2021
"When I was a child, first discovering numbers, the secrets they yielded, the power they held, I imagined I would live my life unchecked, knocking down problem after problem that was set before me. And in the beginning, because I outstripped my classmates, my parents, and even my teachers it seemed possible that it would be so. That was pure hubris. ... Still, I never tried to hide or suppress my mind as some girls do, and thank God, because that would have been the beginning of the end."
Katherine is a math genius at a time when math is still very much a man's world. She's also half-Chinese with questions about her parentage that her father refuses to answer. And she thinks she might have found the mathematical key to solving the Reimann hypothesis. But will people believe the solution is really hers, or will they think some man helped her with it? Love, math and ambition are complicated problems for Katherine as she navigates and narrates her journey through life.
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Describe yourself: The Girl Who Reads on the Metro
- How do you feel: Spun Out
- Describe where you currently live: Holding the Fort
- If you could go any where, where would you go: A Distance Too Grand
- Your favorite form of transportation: Happy Trail (because I love to hike)
- Your best friend is: The Real Deal
- You and your friends are: Well Met (and Well Played...because we love game nights)
- What's the weather like: Storm Rising
- You fear: Thin Ice
- What is the best advice you have to give: Light It Up
- Thought for the day: All's Well That Ends Well
- My soul's present condition: Burning Bright