Thursday, June 26, 2014

Having a strawberry summer...

There's a small strawberry patch in my backyard that has been busy producing strawberries like there's no tomorrow. In the past three weeks I've picked enough berries to make two batches of strawberry jam, a lovely rhubarb-strawberry crisp, a pint of strawberry syrup that's scrumptious on pancakes and waffles, some strawberry muffins, and the world's yummiest strawberry cheesecake pie. Plus, there's been enough strawberries left over to share with family and friends. So far it's been a very strawberry summer and I feel blessed by the bounties of my small strawberry patch. What's next for my little strawberry patch that could? I'm thinking strawberry shortcake for sure, and maybe a strawberry smoothie, or two. What about you? Got any good strawberry recipes you plan on trying out this summer?


4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I have wild strawberries in my lawn but they are only suitable for bunny consumption. They nibble on the clover and finish off with a tiny berry,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your post I am thinking I need to make a strawberry rhubarb crisp, or strawberry syrup! Sounds delicious. I love the bounties of summer!

    ReplyDelete