Friday, March 24, 2017

A bookish update...

Just finished reading:


(I loved this book! Set in Salem, Massachusetts, this mystery dealing with witches and three murders in the more recent past is every bit as good as Barry's The Lace Reader.)


Just checked out of the library:
The Girl Without a Name by Sandra Block
Moonshine by Rob Thurman
Indiscretion by Jude Morgan
A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline
Where Angels Rest by Kate Brady


Love this quote:
"It would be a good thing to buy books if one could also buy the time to read them; but one usually confuses the purchase of books with the acquisition of their contents."
--Schopenhauer


Love this bookish tee:

And also this one:



Am looking forward to:  
My upcoming spring break and being able to spend a few days
 in Arches National Park with my sisters. Gotta love those red rocks, blue sky and sunshine!


Up next:



Happy Reading!

P.S. You can find the above tees at this website along with several other fun bookish gift ideas.

24 comments:

  1. Fun shirts! Have fun vacationing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love a sisterly road trip! :) And the shirts are great, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. Love the shirts! Have a great time with your sisters :) And you are going to LOVE that Lovett book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation. Let us know if The Lost Book of the Grail is any good. It sounds like it might be fun in an Indiana Jones/Da Vinci Code kind of way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved Lovett's previous novels and have very high hopes for this one. I'll keep you posted. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the bookish tees!

    Have a great time on your vacation -- Arches -- Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Fifth Petal sounds intriguing. And I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of Brunonia Barry...especially of her first book, The Lace Reader. Have you ever read that one?

      Delete
    2. No, I haven't. Looks like I've gotta check them out. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's a great one, isn't it? And all too true. :)

      Delete
  7. That sounds like an amazing vacation! I hope you'll have some pictures to share.

    The Schopenhauer quote hits a ltitle too close to home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can figure out my new camera, I'll share pics from my trip. :) And that Schopenhauer quote hit home with me, too. I buy books thinking I'll read them...and then they sit on my shelf waiting for me to find the time. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, my! Those t-shirts are great! I love the Schopenhauer quote. How I would love to buy time for those piles of books keeping me company in my room. I need to read the Fifth Petal. I loved her book, the Lace Reader. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read The Fifth Petal. It sounds like something I would really like. I can see why you love the quote you shared. I am guilty of wishing that were true. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! :) And The Fifth Petal is one of those books that immediately draws you in and holds your interest all the way to the end.

      Delete
  10. LOVE that quote!
    And the Fifth Petal sounds so intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote is the story of my life. :D And I'm a fan of Brunonia Barry. If you haven't read any of her books, she's a good author to try.

      Delete
  11. Hope you enjoy your time at Arches--truly a magical place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope it doesn't rain. :)

      Delete
  12. Enjoy your break and I'll have to track down The Fifth Petal! I'm always fascinated by books set in Salem, MA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like books set in Salem, too. And this one is a good one. :)

      Delete