Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Haiku Reviews


Heartstone by Elle Katharine White


Pride and Prejudice
with hobgoblins, dragons and swords...
and lots of fighting.


Fantasy (with a little romance) .... 333 pages .... 4/5 stars.





The One Man by Andrew Gross 


Nathan Blum returns
to Poland to rescue a famed
physicist from Auschwitz.


Action/Thriller set in W.W.II .... 407 pages .... 4/5 stars.





A Sparkle of Silver by Liz Johnson


Lost treasure and a 
mystery from the past bring
Ben & Millie together.


Christian Romance .... 344 pages .... 3/5 stars.




Happy Reading!


23 comments:

  1. :) Love the sound of the first two and the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Heart Stone and with goblins and dragons, how can I resist? Love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartstone is a lot of fun! I especially love the dragons.

      Delete
  3. Your haikus are the best! That first sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your haikus! Heartstone and The One Man both sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen! And I loved both Heartstone and The One Man.

      Delete
  5. Ooh Heartstone sounds pretty awesome. :) And I love the haiku reviews- pretty much everything you need to know haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your haiku reviews are awesome! I really liked A Sparkle of Silver. Treasure hunts are always fun! Heartstone sounds like a really great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasure hunts are always fun! And I think you'd like Heartstone a lot. :)

      Delete
  7. Another great haiku reviews! Heartstone sounds like a fun read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. I'm reading the second book now. :)

      Delete
  8. lol, have I told you lately how much I love these?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely book poems by Lark
    They are brief yet informative
    Always a pleasure :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun reviews, Lark! I like the idea of Pride & Prejudice with dragons! I 'll have to check out Heartstone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lark, I always LOVE your haiku reviews - they are the best! Thanks for these :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These reviews are so fun! I read The One Man and thought it was quite good too.

    ReplyDelete