Saturday, November 13, 2021

Right Behind Her by Melinda Leigh

 
When Sheriff Bree Tagger was eight years old, her father killed her mother, then shot himself. Now, twenty-seven years later, the bones of two more murdered people have been found on her family's farm in Grey's Hollow in upstate New York. Did her father kill them, too? Or was it someone else? As Bree and Matt Flynn investigate, threats are made against her and her family. But Bree is determined to find out the truth, even if that truth hits close to home.

My thoughts:  I love this series! Right Behind Her is the fourth book about Bree Taggert and Matt Flynn. They're such likable characters. I love seeing how their relationship has developed and grown with each book. And I really liked the mystery in this one, too, especially how it tied into Bree's past. You find out a lot more about her unhappy childhood in this one. I also enjoy watching Bree and her deputies investigate a case. That small town setting is always fun. And Matt's police dog, Brody, plays an important role in this one, too, which I also loved. All in all, this is a very entertaining mystery series, and I highly recommend it.

Happy Reading!


Also see my review of: See Her Die (#2)



24 comments:

  1. It does sound like a series with possibilities to be very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books have been very enjoyable and entertaining! :)

      Delete
  2. Always nice when relationships develops over the course of multiple books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that about well-written series. :)

      Delete
  3. The mystery of her father has certainly captured my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a big one in this book. And it takes quite an unexpected turn.

      Delete
  4. I love that she is a female sheriff! and what a horrible experience for a girl to go through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that she's a female sheriff, too! It's fun seeing her interactions with her department staff and with the town leaders.

      Delete
  5. I've read two of the Bree Taggert books, but not in order. I've also enjoyed Leigh's Morgan Dane series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try her Morgan Dane series next. That one looks good, too. :)

      Delete
  6. I love finding a great series that follows the same characters. It's nice watching them change and grow and face all kinds of different situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice seeing the characters change, and their relationships develop! That's what keeps me reading a series. :)

      Delete
  7. I'll have to try this series out. I've read her and enjoyed her in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a very fun mystery series, with characters that are easy to like and root for.

      Delete
  8. Still haven't had time to read one of these but you make them sound really good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that combination of interesting cases and well-drawn likable characters that makes me like this series so much.

      Delete
  9. I love when the dog plays an important role. Books need more animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And I love when the dog is key to the plot. :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read anything by this author; looks like I've gotta check out this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like this series. Bree and the other characters are all so great.

      Delete
  11. I'm not familiar with this series but Bree sounds like a protagonist I would really like so I'll have to check it out at some point.

    ReplyDelete