Friday, August 7, 2026

Hudson Bay Bound by Natalie Warren

 "Sometimes a great adventure lands in your lap."


"...everything that happens, good or bad, is a story. And life is just a string of stories that we collect, over time, and we might as well make them good ones." 

This is a true adventure memoir about two women who are best friends and the two thousand mile canoe trip they take from Minneapolis to Hudson Bay the summer of 2011. What a journey! 

I love these kinds of stories: the challenges and life-changing moments they experience, the humorous camping incidents, and the descriptions that immersed me in parts of the country, the rivers and surrounding wilderness I will never get to see in real life. Plus, there's a very cute dog in it that they adopt at Norway house in Canada, along with some moose and polar bear sightings. It's an interesting and fun read. 

My rating:  ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Happy Reading!

Similar reads:

25 comments:

  1. This is my favorite kind of memoir! This definitely looks like one I'd enjoy and I hadn't heard of it previously. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That combination of physical and mental challenge makes these kinds of adventure memoirs hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I like most about them. :D

      Delete
  3. 2000 miles! Wow! I've done some canoeing up there, but not like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long trip for sure. But a fun one to read about.

      Delete
  4. This sounds really good! A two thousand mile canoe trip is really impressive! I love memoirs like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books like this too. Sounds absolutely terrific, and I would like to meet the dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have pics of their dog in the book and she's so cute.

      Delete
  6. And you've found another interesting book to read. This one does sound like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like quite the adventure! I'd love to visit all the places noted, but who knows. At least we can visit for sure through the pages of a book. This is such a cute cover for a non-fiction, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds great. I don't travel these days so I like to travel through books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveling by books is the best kind of travel imo. :D

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. If you like travel adventures this is a good one. :D

      Delete
  10. I love these kinds of books, so I want everyone else to love them, too. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing! I love stories about people taking on adventures that I would never actually do myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover, it looks like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds cool and like a good adventure .... thx for bringing it to my attention .... I hadn't seen it but I'm interested !

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book sounds very good and I will have to look for a copy. A few years ago I read a book about a long canoeing trip in Canada that Cath recommended.

    ReplyDelete