- All the books I want to check out at the library are currently on hold for someone else. Don't you just hate that? I wish people would stop reading the books I want to read!
- Good thing I have a stack of TBR books beckoning in the wings, including a few guilty pleasures like the last two Nightside novels by Simon R. Green.
- So, I read in the newspaper the other day that they're removing words like prevaricator and sagacious from the SATs because they're not "practical" words. What are they going to replace them with? Selfie and tweet? What a sad commentary on the dumbing down of America when words like prevaricate and sagacious are deemed too obsolete.
- 5 things I love about spring: no more frost on my car windows in the morning, robins singing, the redolent scent of lilacs, sunny blue skies, and bright yellow daffodils.
- Best of all? It's spring break next week and I'm off to the Galapagos Islands for a few days. I can't wait!
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you enjoy your spring break and have a great time in the Galapagos Islands! They sound like a fascinating place to visit.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much! I'm crossing my fingers for good weather and calm seas. :)Delete
Love that you used "redolent" in your post...take that, SATs! Have a great trip...I hope you have a good book for the flight! Happy bird watching.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much. Here's hoping I see an albatross!Delete