Sunday, September 18, 2016

A bookish update...

Just finished reading: 


Other reading news:
Bettina (at Bettina's Impressions) and I have both been reading My Cousin Rachel this month. It's been a lot of fun chatting with her about this Daphne du Maurier classic. And we'll both be posting our reviews of it later this week. So stay tuned!

Been watching:

(Because I got the DVD for my birthday last month...and who doesn't love
Jane Austen with a few zombies thrown in for fun?)

Just checked out of the library:
The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray
Murder in Morningside Heights by Victoria Thompson
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
1222 by Anne Holt
Gideon by Alex Gordon

Up Next:


Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. I'm very curious with Kristina Ohlsson's books after seeing many good reviews about them.

    And that Jane Austen movie sounds like a fun watch! I'm not a huge zombies fan but I'm OK when movies are concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pride & Prejudice version of zombies is hilarious. You have to watch it! And I've really been enjoying Kristina Ohlsson's books. She writes a very compelling mystery. And they're set in Sweden, which is fun, too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me, too! I just checked out The Disappeared and I can't wait to start reading it. Have you read her latest? The Chosen?

      Delete
  3. The cover to Silenced looks awesome. Now I have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohlsson writes some good mysteries. A little dark, but not too gruesome, and very compelling. I like her a lot.

      Delete
  4. I've been meaning to watch Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It looks so fun!

    I love the idea of shared reading, so I will definitely check back to see what you thought of My Cousin Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way the did Pride & Prejudice & Zombies is so perfect; you'll love it. And it was a lot of fun to read a book with another blogger. I'd definitely do it again. :)

      Delete