Friday, April 7, 2017

Lovett's Latest:


10 Reasons to read The Lost Book of the Grail:
      *  A literary quest
      *  A lost manuscript
      *  An ancient secret
      *  A hidden treasure
      *  A mysterious saint
      *  Crypts and codes
      *  Humor
      *  Mystery
      *  Friendship
      *  And Romance!



Arthur Prescott, who loves books and all things King Arthur, teaches English at the University of Barchester, but he is happiest in the Barchester Cathedral Library with its ancient books and manuscripts. He hopes to solve the mystery of Saint Ewolda, and maybe find the Holy Grail, too, which he believes is hidden somewhere in the Barchester Cathedral. Then Bethany Davis, a younger American woman, shows up at Barchester in order to digitize the library's manuscripts and turns Arthur's world upside down. Together they embark on a quest to find the lost Book of Ewolda, decipher the secrets it contains, and hopefully follow it to the Grail.


Charlie Lovett skillfully weaves together the present and the past in this engaging literary mystery. And he sets it all in Anthony Trollope's Barchester, which makes it even better. I love the way Lovett writes. And I really liked Arthur and Bethany--the sparks between them, their disagreements and witty banter, and the way they worked together to unlock the secrets of Barchester Cathedral. And though it never upstages the mystery, I liked their romance, too. The Lost Book of the Grail is a very enjoyable read....though I think I still like Lovett's previous books just a little bit better. But that's only because they are ALL so good.

Happy Reading!

Previous novels by Charlie Lovett:

16 comments:

  1. A romance that doesn't upstages they story? No way! ;) Sounds like a fun little mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't expect a lot of kissing in this one, although there is some. :) I just really like the way Lovett writes.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a really fun read. It's definitely going on my Goodreads TBR list. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can add to your Goodreads TBR list. How many books do you have on yours? Mine seems to increase daily. :D

      Delete
  3. This really sounds like a winner to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie Lovett is a good author; any of his books are worth checking out. :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed The Bookman's Tale, and I love literary quests, lost manuscripts, codes, and humor. Thanks for the heads up on this one, Lark. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Bookman's Tale! This one isn't quite as good as that one, but it's still a good read. Have you read Lovett's First Impressions? I really liked that one, too.

      Delete
  5. Your argument to read this one is very convincing, Lark. I love the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed all his books. He's fast becoming one of my favorite authors.

      Delete
  6. My husband loves books like these. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lark, I'm so happy you loved his latest book - it was such a fun read. I just love Lovett's bookish tales - they are the best!! And your 10 reasons to read this new one are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's an author I wish would write his books just a little faster so that I could read more of them. :)

      Delete
  8. I was sold just reading your list of reasons to read it! This sounds really good, Lark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are a lot of things to like about this book. :)

      Delete