Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's theme is Favorite Tropes. I came up with five of my favorite story premises. And if you read my blog a lot, you can probably guess what most of them are. But here it goes anyway:
- The main character inherits an old estate or house that holds some secret. (I like it even more when said house is haunted.)
- An EMP or other major natural disaster occurs, forcing the main characters to fight for their survival.
- An archaeological mystery with ancient maps, lost artifacts, secret societies, and a touch of the arcane.
- Kids getting sent away to boarding school. (Especially if said school happens to be a magical one.)
- Mail Order Brides (preferably in an Old American West setting). But that whole arranged marriage trope that crops up a lot in Regency Romances is always good, too.
That's it for me this week.
I just thought of a sixth one: K-9 mystery where the dog plays a key role in solving the crime!