Friday, August 14, 2026

A Parade of Horribles by Matt Dinniman

 I just finished reading this eighth book in Dinniman's Dungeon Crawler Carl series and I loved it. But it's so long, and so much happens in it, I'm not even going to try and summarize the plot, or write a long review of it. Instead, I'm going to take the easy way out and write a haiku review instead. Because that's how I roll these days. 😉


A Parade of Horribles by Matt Dinniman


They've reached level ten.
Racing to stay alive, how
many more will die?


Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action & Adventure.... 688 pages ....4.5/5 stars.
(Chaos runs rampant in the dungeon as Carl and Princess Donut fight to save as many of their friends as they can. This is one crazy, fun series! I can't wait for the next one.)



Happy Reading!


Here is my review of Dungeon Crawler Carl, the first book. 

28 comments:

  1. Lark, there are a couple of people who attend the 'Book Cafe' book group that I go to that love this series. They talk about it a lot. It's been interesting going to that group and hearing more about other genres and books. Glad it worked well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those books that I can't put down once I start reading. And when I'm done? I just want to go back and start the series over. ;D

      Delete
  2. You'll never hear me objecting to a haiku review! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. That makes me happy.

      Delete
  3. This series is high on my want-to-read list. I'm glad to hear it's so good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that you love the series! I keep assuming it won't appeal to me, but so many people have pushed me to try it. Maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth trying. If you don't like it, stop after a few chapters. But if you love it.... :D

      Delete
  5. Omg! I love this series! I need to listen to book 7 and then this one. And then I think we have two more? So good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best series, isn't it? I need him to hurry up and write the next one! I'm anxious to see what happens next. :D

      Delete
  6. This does sound like a fun series so I'm adding it to my (interminably) long reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reading list feels neverending...and constantly growing! ;D

      Delete
  7. Lark, I remember your review of the first Dungeon Crawler Carl book, and that means you have read all of those books in the last year. And they are not short.

    I was impressed with your review of the first book and I plan to be reading that one soon. I was just talking to my husband about it today.

    And, another great Haiku review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not short, but once I start one I can't seem to put it down until I'm done. They read fast and are a lot of fun. :D

      Delete
  8. Lol, I don't blame you at all! I am really struggling with reviews lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to try this series. It's a bit outside my usual but looks liked so much fun. Glad you're still enjoying it this high up in the series. I am always good with a haiku review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the humor and the heart with these main characters, even when the world around them feels very dark.

      Delete
  10. 688 pages? whoa. I like the character's name Princess Donut. right on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a very princess-y Persian cat and such a fun character. And all of the books in this series are along...I can't believe I've read them all because I tend to steer clear of chunksters. But these books draw me in and read fast. I love them.

      Delete
  11. I keep seeing this series popping up everywhere. It sounds like a fun one. Glad you enjoyed this latest installment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a series I have really been enjoying.

      Delete
  12. I am glad you enjoyed. iit,, even though it was a lengthy read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought about starting it today, but I will wait a tiny bit more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise. It'll be awhile before the next one is out probably.

      Delete