Monday, August 17, 2026

August's bookish art...

 
Albert Aublet -- Reading on the Garden Path


"Some books you read.
Some books you enjoy.
But some books swallow you up heart and soul."
--Joanne Harris


25 comments:

  1. The painting is so pretty😁 And I love the quote as well, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful painting! I love that quote too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe we're deep into August already. Where has the year gone?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe school has started back up again. I'm so not ready for summer to be over! I need another month. Or for August to be longer. ;D

      Delete
  4. Lovely quote - I agree - some books do 'swallow you up heart and soul'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful painting though I do wonder how one can walk and read! I love the quote as well. I look forward to these posts every month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you ever run across paintings of men reading? Or maybe, putting a book in a woman's hands was just another excuse for a male artist to paint a beautiful woman...I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many paintings of men reading, I've just always chosen the ones with women. But I think you are right in that artists seem to like to paint women more than men. ;D

      Delete
  7. Heart and soul! Those are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sentiments. and the painting too .... the long white dress !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty painting and a very true quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lark, I LOVED this quote. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quote is fantastic and so true. I just read a book that swallowed me heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that quote and it is so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful as always, both the picture and the quote. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not familiar with this artist but I love his choice of colors and it looks very peaceful. I doubt my ability to walk and read at the same time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, please. Beautiful image for August, although reading while walking seems like courting disaster (at least for me!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be running into park benches and tripping off curbs for sure. ;D

      Delete
  17. The art is beautiful and so is the quote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful art. Apt quote.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete