Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week's theme is a COVER FREEBIE...
so I decided to go with 10 Fantasy Covers From Favorite Fantasy Reads. These 10 novels are some of my favorite fantasy reads.... and they are all books I really want to reread this year and next.
The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
(I'd also really like to reread Wishsong of Shannara and The Druid of Shannara.)
The Green Rider by Kristen Britain
Time of the Twins by Weis and Hickman
(Along with the other two books in this fabulous trilogy!)
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Bards of Bone Plain by Patricia A. McKillip
(Really I could happily reread ANY of her books.)
Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny
(One of the first adult fantasies I checked out of the library...I think I was 11 or 12.)
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn
Happy Reading (or in my case Rereading)!










Good picks. The Hobbit ... is good stuff & adventure. And I still need to read The Night Circus ! ... glad you liked it.
ReplyDeleteThat's such a pretty edition of The Hobbit😁
ReplyDeleteLove these! I've been wanting to reread Nine Princes in Amber for quite a while now. I read the first five books back in my college days and remember how much I loved them. I still need to read Daughter of the Forest!
ReplyDeleteThe Hobbit is such a classic.
ReplyDeleteI love these covers! I would like to reread The Hobbit too - I haven't read it for a long time. I still haven't read anything by Patricia A. McKillip but her books always sound good.
ReplyDeleteHow fun, I hope you find the time to reread them again soon!
ReplyDeleteI don't often read Fantasy, but I'm reading a *great* one at the moment called 'The Last Unicorn' by Peter S Beagle. Its VERY well written and often *very* funny!
ReplyDeleteFantasies have the absolute best covers. I'm slowly easing into to trying some true fantasy but haven't made too much progress. I need to add these to my TBR - especially The Bards of Bone Plain.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of these.
ReplyDeleteI loved the book A Darker Shade of Magic! But the cover took me an embarrassingly long time to understand. For Years I thought it was an upside down wizard with a white beard and pointy hat and big red robes 😂
ReplyDeleteA nice idea for a list. I've read The Hobbit. I need to read the rest of the series!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/08/04/top-ten-tuesday-cover-freebie-summer-covers/
I'm not a big fantasy reader, but I have read THE HOBBIT and THE NIGHT CIRCUS. Great covers!
ReplyDeleteHappy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading, "The Night Circus".
ReplyDeleteFantasy covers are always either so lovely or terrifying. You picked the lovely ones.
ReplyDeleteI would read Summers at Castle Auburn for the cover alone!