An old woman handed me a key, told me she hoped it would unlock my heart's desire, and now I'm trapped inside a bookshop.
I think about it for a moment. My head's clearing up and I'm steadier on my feet than I was a moment ago. I'm stuck inside a bookshop. A thousand miles from my parents. Unable to carry on with my royal duties. I'm stuck. Inside. A bookshop.
For as long as it takes someone to break the curse, or for me to fulfill it and unlock my heart's desire.
I lean my head against the door and start to laugh.
What's the one surefire way to break a curse, any curse, according to every story, every legend, every fable recorded? True love's kiss. And what does true love look like, if you're a princess? .... It looks like a prince....my parents? They're going to try to find a prince.
My thoughts: A princess. A curse. A pirate. Seven princes; seven kisses. And one magical bookshop. What an enchanting novel! I loved Princess Tanadelle (Tandy to her friends), and her funny predicament. All the princes who come to rescue her with their unromantic kisses totally made me laugh. I also really liked Bash, the teasing and sarcastic pirate, who has a curse of his own, and all the magical creatures and characters who help Tandy with the bookshop. This cozy fantasy has humor, heart and a sweet and swoony romance. I read it in a day and loved every page. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Happy Reading!
This is on my list to read at some point, it sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteIt's charming and amusing and just fun.
DeleteI love the premise. What book loving soul wouldn't want to be locked in a bookstore?!
ReplyDeleteRight? I know I would. :D
DeleteExactly :)
DeleteI really enjoyed this one too! I loved Bash and all the princes and just everything about it.
ReplyDeleteI loved how all the princes hung around in the town to see if she ever got free of the curse.
DeleteA magical bookshop sounds so cute.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to own a magical bookshop.
DeleteI love that cover! That's enough to sell me.
ReplyDeleteCheck out the UK cover. It's even better!
DeleteWow! Five stars. I'm definitely adding this to my reading list.
ReplyDeleteAfter a string of books that I ended up DNFing, it was a relief to fall into this fun story that just made me smile.
DeleteI’d love to be locked up in a bookstore minus the prince.
ReplyDeleteLocked in a bookstore would be fun...as long as there were really comfy chairs, yummy food to eat, and maybe be a windowseat and a fireplace. :D
DeleteI want this one!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good one!
DeleteThis does sound charming! :)
ReplyDeleteThat describes it perfectly. :D
DeleteLove it.
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
:D Thank you!
DeleteThis book is on my wishlist. It sounds so good! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. :D
ReplyDeleteIt made me laugh. Always a good thing in a cozy book. :D
DeleteHonestly, I could think of worse curses than being locked in a bookshop!
ReplyDeleteRight? This is a curse I don't think I would mind. ;D
DeleteThis sounds fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was a very fun read.
DeleteOkay, this one sounds super fun! Not my usual genre, but it's going on the TBR anyway. Thanks for the rec.
ReplyDeleteIt's a charming, lighthearted and humorous story. I really enjoyed it. :D
Delete