So this year, I'm signing up for not one, but two reading challenges: The Backlist Reader Challenge and the Back to the Classics 2019 Challenge. Why these two? Because I've done each of them before and they're a lot of fun, and also because the books on my TBR list that I was already planning on reading this year happen to count for both challenges.
It's bookish serendipity at its best!
(You'll have to wait and see if I'm able to finish either of these challenges, or if I end up quitting halfway through the year...again.)
Here are the main things you need to know about these two awesome reading challenges:
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2019
Hosted by Lark at The Bookwyrm's Hoard
- Choose and read books published before 2018 that are either already on your TBR shelf at home or on your want-to-read list. (I'm going to focus on the books I already own.)
- Sign up and set your own reading goal. (I like that I have the freedom to read as many or as few books as I want to with this challenge!)
- Review the books you read and link your posts back to Lark's blog.
Easy right? Plus, it tackles that ever-growing pesky TBR pile we all seem to have.
Back to the Classics Challenge 2019
Hosted by Karen at Books and Chocolate
Here are the categories for this year's challenge...and the authors I hope to read for each.
- 19th Century Classic. (Elizabeth Gaskell)
- 20th Century Classic. (Angela Thirkell)
- Classic by a Woman Author (Willa Cather)
- Classic in Translation
- Classic Comic Novel (Georgette Heyer)
- Classic Tragic Novel (Thomas Hardy)
- Very Long Classic (Anthony Trollope)
- Classic Novella (Edgar Rice Burroughs)
- Classic From the Americas (includes the Caribbean)
- Classic From Africa, Asia, or Oceania
- Classic From a Place You've Lived (Luke Short)
- Classic Play (Shakespeare)
Complete either six, nine, or all twelve categories. Sounds fun right? You should join in!
(As you can see, I'm shooting for 9 of the 12 categories because I already own books by those authors.)
Wish me luck...and Happy Reading!