Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Absolutely Not in Love by Jenny Proctor

 

First line: 
Hockey has a very distinct smell.
The players:  Gracie Mitchell, cellist and music teacher; Felix Jameson, hockey goalie.

The plot:  Gracie has one rule: she doesn't date hockey players. Especially not her sexy neighbor, Felix. But Felix doesn't just live and breathe hockey. He loves classical music (especially when Gracie practices her cello), and books, and he's falling fast for Gracie. When an unexpected flood in Gracie's apartment has her moving into Felix's guest room for a few weeks, being in such close quarters with him has Gracie rethinking her no-hockey-players rule. 

My thoughts:  Jenny Proctor's romances sparkle. She knows how to create very likable characters, and she always inserts fun banter into her stories. Gracie is smart and spunky and a talented musician; Felix is thoughtful and kind, a bit of an introvert, and very good at hockey. And the two of them together? So cute! I loved their text exchanges, and I thought Felix's romantic gestures were so sweet. The hockey parts were fun, too. This book just made me happy. And for that, I gave it 5 stars.

 Happy Reading!

23 comments:

  1. Need to read it. Thank you. Love you friend. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book that makes you happy deserves five stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best feeling when reading a romance. I need to read this. I am glad you liked it, Lark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the humor in it. It's just a fun read.

      Delete
  4. This sounds lovely! You're adding to my TBR again, Lark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lark, normally I wouldn't be interested in a book that involves hockey because I am not a sports person but I always trust your judgment and right now I am reading Beartown by Fredrik Backman. It's a novel involving hockey in a small rural Swedish town and its my first time reading Backman and the hype is well deserved. The book is well worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Beartown on my own TBR list, and I'm hoping to read it this year. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it and that it's a book worth reading. :D

      Delete
  6. This book is on my TBR list. I'm so glad to hear that you loved it. It's hard to beat a book that makes you feel happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really like this one, Ashley. It's just so fun. :D

      Delete
  7. This sounds really good. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why the no hockey rule? I say if he has teeth left, then he seems charming. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had to do with her brother, who played hockey while they were growing up monopolizing her parents' attention, and with a guy she dated in college who was a bit of a tool. (And I'm with you on the teeth thing...;D )

      Delete
  9. I loved Felix! This was such a fun read, glad you enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felix was so great! I loved him and his hockey teammates.

      Delete
  10. Oh this sounds fun! I love a good sports romance but it's been a long time since I've read one and I'm not sure I've ever read a hockey romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this one was a lot of fun. And it's clean, too. :D

      Delete
  11. I love a book that makes me feel good and happy. This one sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete