Friday, September 20, 2013

The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman

Would the hopes and dreams you had at 14 still be relevant twenty years later? That's what Brett Bohlinger is about to find out in Lori Nelson Spielman's latest novel, The Life List. As a condition of her mother's will, Brett has to complete the "life list" she started when she was 14 before she can get her inheritance; and she only has one year to do it. Some of the things on her list? Get a dog, help poor people, have a baby, and fall in love.

This was a fun novel to read. (And I actually made it to the end!) I liked Brett, and while I thought it was a little bit too convenient the way she was able to accomplish all the items on her list, it didn't make me like the novel any less. (Although it did make me wish that dreams came true that easily in real life.) The funnest part for me in reading this book was remembering the hopes and dreams I once had as a child, and wondering what would have gone on my own life list at the age of 14. Probably something about horses and the circus. And Space Camp. And living near the beach. Who knows, maybe it's not too late to make some of those childish dreams come true.  It's fun to think about anyway.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an entertaining read! I am not sure what would have been on my life list at 14...probably owning a horse, competing in the Olympics, traveling the world, being an astronomer.... Hmmm, I think my inheritance would have been in jeopardy!

    ReplyDelete