Wednesday, October 4, 2017

How to Find Love in a Bookshop...

What this book offers:  heartwarming, memorable, and sometimes quirky characters, a quaint English town full of charm, friendship and romance, and the best bookshop in the world. I wish Nightingale Books really existed; I'd go every week! Needless to say, I loved this book. Veronica Henry's story is  enchanting, her prose poetic. And her characters, especially Julius and Emilia Nightingale, will forever be favorites. This book reminded me in many ways of my favorite Rosamunde Pilcher reads. But if that's not enough to make you want to read this book, check out these three quotes:

  • Her father was still here, thought Emilia, in the thousands of pages. Millions--there must be so many millions--of words. All those words, and the pleasure they had provided for people over the years:  escape, entertainment, education...He had changed minds. He had changed lives. It was up to her to carry on his work, so he could live on, she swore to herself.
  • Books, after all, were her escape from the horror she had been through. At night she could curl up with Ruth Rendell or Nancy Mitford, and the stress melted away, and for a couple of hours she could be somewhere else.  Reading gave her comfort.
  • She knew, from all the books she had ever read, that life was complicated, that love sprang from nowhere sometimes, and that forbidden love wasn't always something to be ashamed of.
Happy Reading!

Similar reads:


20 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about wishing Nightingale Books really existed. This was a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a perfect book for book bloggers! I love those three quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love books bookshops and reading about both then you will love this book! :)

      Delete
  3. Of course we all love books which are books related. :) This sounds like a delightful read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! (And you're right--I love books about books and bookshops and reading.)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds darling. Of course I'd need some conflict though. So sad. I need help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the bookshop is in major debt and might have to be closed....does that count as enough conflict for you?

      Delete
  5. I have this one on my kindle and can't wait to read it :) Sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will want to crawl inside that book and never leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind living in this book...great people, great town, and great bookstore! :D

      Delete
  7. Just my kind of book--sounds like a true comfort read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort read describes it perfectly. :) I love books like this.

      Delete
  8. Sounds super cute! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR mountain chain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am eager to read this one! I am so glad you enjoyed it, Lark.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quotes! And quirky characters, quaint English towns, and bookshops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got all the right ingredients for a great read! :)

      Delete