Friday, April 19, 2024

A Groom of One's Own by Emma St. Clair

 

From the blurb: 
"He always dreamed of getting married--but for love, not to avoid deportation. Eli Hopkins has it all--almost. A hockey career with the wildly popular Appies. Teammates who are like brothers. The only thing he's missing is someone to share it all with. Oh--and correctly filed visa paperwork. Due to administrative error, Eli is about to lose everything. Unless he can find someone to marry him in the next thirty days. And he might have the perfect woman in mind. The only problem? He'd like to marry her for real, not simply for legal purposes. Now Eli faces the challenge of winning over a wife who thinks the marriage is in name only..."

What I loved about this book:
  • Sweet, swoony and clean romance
  • Handsome and outgoing hockey player
  • Shy and sometimes awkward heroine
  • Scene-stealing shelter dog named Doris
  • Super loyal and supportive teammates
  • Heartfelt kisses
  • Humorous situations (like pajama bowling!)
  • A very public proposal
  • And their promise to be "awkward together"
Rating:  ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Eli and Bailey made me happy. They're such a cute couple. I loved how Eli fell so hard for her and tried to always put her feelings first. And I loved their happy ending. Emma St. Clair has become one of my favorite authors. 

Happy Reading!


Other hockey romances with the Appies that I loved: 

28 comments:

  1. Aw, I love the sound of this one! Their promise to be awkward together makes me smile. Eli sounds like an absolute sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a romance reader. When I do read it, I like it to be closed door and clean. I'll have to check out St. Clair. Her books sound like fun. Glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Clair writes some very fun romances. And they do tend to be pretty clean.

      Delete
  3. Hockey romances have been so popular recently! Happy to add this one to my recommendation repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even watch hockey, but I do love a good hockey romance. :D

      Delete
  4. This book is high on my "want-to-read" list. I love Emma St. Clair's books and I love a good hockey romance, so this sounds like a winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a delight to read. Plus, you can't go wrong with a scene-stealing pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a delightful read...and I agree with you about cute dogs. They make any book better. :D

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a sweet romance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks sweet and I do love a good fake relationship. And anything with a dog is hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love when there's a sweet dog in a book.

      Delete
  8. I like the premise of this one. Always nice to have a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those happy endings are the reason I read these kinds of books. :D

      Delete
  9. Fun premise! I love hockey so if I read romance I can see where hockey romances would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've become really popular lately, and are some of my favs. :D

      Delete
  10. Oh, this sounds so good! Adding it to the TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read this. Regine. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved "awkward together." I loved the book, it was so fun! Great review :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were such a fun couple. St. Clair's books always make me smile. :D

      Delete
  13. Sounds interesting. And complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of this book, Lark. I love that it is clean and who doesn't love a scene stealing dog. Great review.

    ReplyDelete