Monday, July 29, 2024

The Rom-Commers by Katherine Center

 


Meet Emma Wheeler and Charlie Yates.

He's an award-winning and famous screenwriter who's written several successful films.  She is not.

She's a struggling writer who loves rom-coms and is articulately passionate about movie romances, first kisses and happy endings.  He is not.

Which is probably why his own romantic comedy screenplay--written only in the hopes of getting his preferred mafia movie made--is so awful. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe it. His manager thinks Emma can help him fix it. But Charlie doesn't want to rewrite it. In fact, he doesn't want anything to do with love or romance...until he meets Emma.


What I loved about this book:  Everything!  There's humor; witty banter; a spunky heroine; chemistry; flirty moments; a great kiss; emotional moments with Emma's dad that tugged at my heart; a fun  cameo from Jack Stapleton (the romantic lead in Center's book The Bodyguard); sweet romantic gestures; a heartfelt award's speech; and that requisite happy ending. All the feels. Katherine Center knows how to write romances with layers and deeper real life struggles that make me laugh and cry. This latest one is no exception. It's heartwarming and SO fun. I loved it!

Happy Reading!

34 comments:

  1. I love what you loved! This book was such a delight. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just made me smile all the way through. :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh. This does sound like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got both humor and heart, which I loved.

      Delete
  3. I love the opposites attract trope, so this one sounds very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like Charlie and Emma have great chemistry together and that is really everything in a romance novel. And I am curious too why Charlie wants nothing to do with love or romance. It sounds like he has a past and I am going to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie was an interesting character. I really liked the sparks between him and Emma. :D

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great read when it covers all the feels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one I'm so excited to read! I've had this author on my TBR for ages and this one is really calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds an interesting story, thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun romance. And thanks for commenting on my blog.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It made me smile. And that's always a good thing in a book imo. :D

      Delete
  9. Yes! It was so good! I loved the romantic gestures! The ones where her father was in the hospital really got to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those got to me, too! And his award speech was so sweet. :D

      Delete
  10. I read some of the sample for this one and it sounds very good. But I think I want to try an earlier book by her first. I will go back through some of your reviews of her other books. Any favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved both Things You Save in a Fire and The Bodyguard. I'd recommend either of those. Happiness For Beginners was fun, too.

      Delete
  11. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I've been seeing it a lot lately, so I was curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun romantic comedy. It reminded me a little of Nora Goes Off Script which is another book I really loved. :D

      Delete
  13. I really must try Katherine Center's books. Your review left me wanting to get a good laugh and swoon, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of those books that just made me happy. :D

      Delete
  14. I see so many raves for Katherine Center's books but have yet to read one. It sounds like maybe The Rom-Commers would be a great one to start with. So glad this was a hit for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fun one. I also really loved The Bodyguard and Things You Save in a Fire by her.

      Delete
  15. I really enjoyed this one too. It just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete