Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Trailwalker by J.L. Bryan

 

The plot:  Paranormal investigator, Ellie Jordan, and her partner, Stacey, have been hired by Josh and Allison Conner to investigate the old summer camp they just purchased and hope to reopen soon. The camp has a lot of history, not all of it good. Allison is convinced the rustic lodge and cabins are haunted. Josh isn't so sure. But there's a cold mist in the attic, ghostly footsteps at night, something haunting the lake, and an old burial mound near the camp. Ellie and Stacey have their work cut out for them. First, they need to find out who or what is haunting the place, and then figure out how to lay it to rest.  


My thoughts: I love books with a summer camp setting. And a camp that's haunted, too? Even better! This is the thirteenth Ellie Jordan novel that I've read and it's another fun one in this ghost-hunting series. It reads fast. The mystery surrounding the summer camp is interesting. And there's lots of ghostly activity and good supernatural suspense. And the ending is awesome. (Just wait 'til you meet the Trailwalker!) That's what I love most about these books; they all have good endings. They've also got humor, and I really like the main characters. This one can be read as a standalone, although I do recommend checking out the first one, Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, just because it's so good.

Happy Reading!


24 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've read a good paranormal mystery. I just checked and I have the first one in this series on my Kindle. I'll have to find the time to read it. This series sounds so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will so like the first one! I hope you get a chance to read it soon. It's so good. One of my favorite ghost stories.

      Delete
  2. That does sound like a great summer-themed ghost adventure. I've got this series on my list to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one. I've enjoyed all the books I've read in it. Bryan knows how to tell a fun ghost story.

      Delete
  3. Not familiar with these. I'll have to find a copy of that first one and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good haunted house/ghost story, and this series has not disappointed yet.

      Delete
  4. A paranormal mystery set in a summer camp sounds absolutely amazing! I love paranormal mysteries but it's been awhile since I picked up one that had the paranormal elements front and center. Adding this one and the series to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read them; they're very fun books. :D

      Delete
  5. Yet another brilliant sounding series for me to look up. You are such a mine of info re excellent series that I know I will like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mix of humor and suspense in these books. And, of course, the ghosts!

      Delete
  6. Oh that sounds like a book that I might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...your comment fell into the spam folder for awhile. I had to rescue it. Again. :D

      Delete
  7. Oh, this sounds like something that I would definitely enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a very fun series. I recommend it if you love a good ghost story. :D

      Delete
  8. It sounds very intriguing! And the summer camp setting as well as the supernatural element is another draw, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love that summer camp setting. :D

      Delete
  9. Ghosts can be really creepy if that's what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's what I love about this series...the supernatural ghostly creepiness. :D

      Delete
  10. I have several of this series on Kindle but I haven't made time for them yet. Nice to hear they're fast reads. I should be able to squeeze the first one in sooner rather than later then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books do read fast. And the first one is so great and so funny. :D

      Delete
  11. Haunted summer camps? You've got my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything summer camp is always a draw for me!

      Delete
  12. Summer camp settings can scare me silly.

    ReplyDelete