Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Two Quick Rom-Com Recommendations...

 
Practice Makes Perfect by Sarah Adams

"I am convinced dating was created by an evil villain to torture humanity. Dramatic? Not in the least. For introverts like me with social anxiety, the process of dating is equivalent to waxing your bikini line."

So begins another one of Sarah Adams' delightful romances. I love her books. She creates such engaging characters. The spark and romantic tension between Annie and Will in this one was so fun; I loved their humorous interactions and honest heartfelt conversations. Good kissing scenes, too. And Annie's love of pirate romances totally made me laugh.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐





Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood

"All throughout middle school, my Halloween costume was the duality of light. .... It seemed like a winning idea. And had me wondering if I, too, could contain two--no, a whole multitude of Elsies. Each one would be crafted, custom tailored, carefully curated with a different person in mind. I'd give everyone the me they wanted, needed, craved, and in exchange they'd care about me. .... Funny how my physics career and my people-pleasing career started around the same time."

I love the academic angle in Ali Hazelwoods' STEM romances. And Elsie is such a funny, quirky, and relatable character. She's a theoretical physicist by day, and a fake-girlfriend-for-hire by night. I loved how Jack could see through all her guarded layers to the real Elsie, and how he challenged her to risk being her true self. Their relationship was humorous, charming and deliciously sexy.  ⭐⭐⭐⭐



Happy Reading!



34 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these authors' books, but they're on my wishlist so I'll read them at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're in the mood for a humorous romance with a happy ending, these two authors will make you smile every time. :D

      Delete
  2. They do sound like fun reads, although not for me I think. It's great that you found these books that you enjoy so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these two authors and am always happy when they publish a new book. :D

      Delete
  3. Ali Hazelwood is very popular at the moment isn't she? I hear a lot about her books on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very popular. I've really enjoyed reading her STEM romances. Her characters are quirky and fun.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Regine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Hi, Regine! Hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  5. "fake-girlfriend-for-hire"

    These both sound so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie's side job made for a lot of laughs in that one. :D

      Delete
  6. Ali Hazelwood is a name I'm getting familiar with, so many bloggers have written highly of her STEM side heroines. But Sarah Adams is a new name for me, let me look up this one then. Hope you've been doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved all the books by Sarah Adams that I've read. Her romances are always so much fun. :D

      Delete
  7. Love, Theoretically is my favorite Ali Hazelwood to date! Happy to see you enjoyed it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie and Jack were such a fun couple! I loved them.

      Delete
  8. I've read an Ali Hazelwood book and really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more from her. I hadn't heard of Sarah Adams before this week but you are the second person I've seen recommending her books in as many days! Definitely need to try her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Adams has become a favorite author of mine!

      Delete
  9. I do enjoy Rom-Coms! I like the cover of Practice Makes Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like that one. Sarah Adams writes cute and pretty clean romances with lots of humor.

      Delete
  10. I don't read them often but they sound like they would be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are now two of my favorite romantic comedies! :D

      Delete
  11. Both of these sound fun! I haven't read anything by either one of these authors, but I want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do decide to try Sarah Adams I recommend starting with The Match. I think you would really like that one. :D

      Delete
  12. I adored Love Theoretically and it sounds like I need to add Practice Makes Perfect to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a very fun romance and I think you would like it a lot. :D

      Delete
  13. These both sound great! Love Theoretically is one I already have a hold request for at my library, but I'll be sure to check out Practice Makes Perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it a lot. Her previous novel When In Rome is equally fun. :D

      Delete
  14. I read When in Rome by Adams last year and thought it was absolutely charming. I'm excited to pick up Practice Makes Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved When in Rome! This book was just as fun imo. :D

      Delete
  15. I've been wanting to try Ali Hazelwood :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been looking forward to reading the latest by Adams, so happy to see you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy to see you also enjoyed Love, Theoretically!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazelwood writes some very entertaining and humorous romances! :D

      Delete