Monday, April 3, 2023

Quick book recommendations...

 
The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna

Mika Moon is a witch. And while she loves her ability to do magic, she hates having to keep it secret from everyone around her. Mika is also an orphan (as all witches are). She doesn't have a home of her own, or any family. But when she's invited to Nowhere House to teach three young witches how to control their magic, she finds both. And with Jamie, the scowling and distrustful yet handsome librarian, she might have also found love. This book is enchantting, uplifting and magical. I loved it.





Off the Map by Trish Doller

I loved Doller's Float Plan and this latest book by her is almost as good. Carla is on her way to Ireland for Anna's wedding; Eamon, as best man, is tasked with picking her up at the airport. Their chemistry is immediate and off the charts. And their drive to Tralee brings several unexpected detours along the way, and a chance at love for both of them. I really liked Carla and Eamon; their relationship is full of humor, brutal honesty, amusing banter, and steamy sex. This is another captivating romance from Trish Doller. 




Happy Reading!

40 comments:

  1. Hi Lark I went to Amazon and Float Plan is free with Kindle Unlimited. So I have downloaded a copy and as soon as I finish my book on Dinosaurs I plan to read it and will post my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Float Plan is such an amazing book! It's my favorite by Doller. :D

      Delete
  2. I loved The Very Secret Society! I am hoping for more books set in that world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it, too...and would love to read more books set in that world. Especially with the three girls. :D

      Delete
  3. Both sound great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you enjoyed Off the Map as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many great things about The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches and I loved Off the Map!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Float Plan is still my favorite, but I agree Off the Map was almost as good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Float Plan is definitely my favorite, too. :D

      Delete
  7. I have The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches on my TBR I want to read it soon. I loved Off the Map too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eamon and Carla were so good together! And I think you'll really enjoy Irregular Witches. :D

      Delete
  8. Have a great day. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also loved The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches! Off the Map also sounds great, I'll need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't the Secret Society of Irregular Witches fun? I loved everything about that one.

      Delete
  10. It's been a long time since I've read anything by Doller. I've seen so many great reviews for Off the Map. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very fun. I think you'd like it, too.

      Delete
  11. Both sound like they would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of those covers are so cute! They sound really good too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have both of these on my TBR (especially the first one) and I'm so glad to see you enjoyed them! I can't wait to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very fun reads. I loved the witches in the first one, especially the three little girls, and all the magic. :D

      Delete
  14. The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches sounds like a lovely read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! All the characters in it made me smile. And I liked the romance, too.

      Delete
  15. Both books sound good to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the book by Sangu Mandanna too! Looking forward to Trish Doller's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are so good. Happy reading! And thanks for commenting. :D

      Delete
  17. Can't wait to start Off the Map! Just need to get through a couple of "obligation" books first...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many books, too little time, right? Off the Map is fun...not as good as Float Plan, but still enjoyable. :D

      Delete
  18. Both of these were fun and enjoyable books. I can see why you would recommend them, Lark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good happy ending and a swoony romance. :D

      Delete
  19. I almost requested the Witches book on NetGalley and refrained. I should have! Both of these sound like fun romances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really like the Irregular Society of Witches. It's a very fun read!

      Delete